Terrorist Technology

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Reading this link yesterday,

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/4244646.stm

I came across the paragraph

The military says it has arrested more than 20 suspected militants near the Afghan border and seized a Chinese-made spy plane used to track army movements.

A chinese-made spy plane.

My mind drifted to thoughts of things like this...

Unmanned_Spy_plane.jpg

It was only when I scrolled down the page that I found out that the "chinese made spy plane" was actually this.

_40799998_dronyap.jpg

f*** me. The terrorists have been to Maplins. Be afraid. :ohmy:

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
You don't need to see an Arms Dealer to get your hands on WMDs. Cookery shops provided timers for the IRA for many years, so did Durex. Improvised Explosive Devices are many and varied in their construction, and use stuff that you can get down any high street - you don't even need to be a chemist to make them functional.

Mini-spy planes are great - I have friend who fly these things with mini-cams attached, you'd be amazed the pictures that they can come back with. Some of the chavs who try and flog you aerial pictures of your house use the same technology - why fork out millions for a huge remote control plane when you can get one from a toy shop?!

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
HampshireSeagulls said:
why fork out millions for a huge remote control plane when you can get one from a toy shop?!

because unmanned drones can travel alot further than a Tamiya RC plane, thus you don't have to stand in the middle of a battle to fly it :p

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
REDLAND said:
because unmanned drones can travel alot further than a Tamiya RC plane, thus you don't have to stand in the middle of a battle to fly it :p

But this is for cross-border troop strength surveillance. Doesn't need much in the way of fuel (which is cheaper than drone fuel), and doesn't need a landing strip or a maintenance team to support it - or lots of training to fly the thing either!:shootself

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
HampshireSeagulls said:
But this is for cross-border troop strength surveillance. Doesn't need much in the way of fuel (which is cheaper than drone fuel), and doesn't need a landing strip or a maintenance team to support it - or lots of training to fly the thing either!:shootself

dude, drones are fired from vehicles and land by parachute, the cost of fuel well lets just say it doesn't really matter, and they are unmanned so NO ONE flys in them so NO training is involved .

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
REDLAND said:
dude, drones are fired from vehicles and land by parachute, the cost of fuel well lets just say it doesn't really matter, and they are unmanned so NO ONE flys in them so NO training is involved .

Cor - I never realised unmanned meant that no one flew in them. :rolleyes:

I always assumed, silly me, that someone had to program the flight path into them or control them separately. Are they making drones that can fly themselves to the area, take the pictures and then return home, all with no human intervention AT ALL!? ergo, there is some training involved, maintenance teams involved, etc, etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here