Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Terraces !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
I've said it before and i'll say it again ... You cannot f***ing beat a packed terrace.

All the surging, bouncing, pushing and shoving was awsome and makes u realise just how shithouse it usually is in the seats.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Good atmosphere shit view.but who put the burger bar & the toilets next to each other what a shambles.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Took my boys last night and it was the first time they have stood on terraces both loved it.
great night out.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
A real shame the terraces soon will be a thing of the past. The German fans stood firm and fought the authorities to retain safe standing areas which also mean cheaper match day tickets and a far better atmosphere.

The view was shit but I had forgot how enjoyable standing at football is. Just wish we would of kicked towards are fans in the second half.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Yep, great to be on a terrace again, always makes for a good atmosphere despite the view. Although we can hardly complain compared to what away fans ay Withdean have to put up with. Terrible stadium design though, whoever decided to put the food stand, toilets and stairs to the upper tier all in the same place is clearly a bit of a tool.

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
A real shame the terraces soon will be a thing of the past. The German fans stood firm and fought the authorities to retain safe standing areas which also mean cheaper match day tickets and a far better atmosphere.

Exactly - cant believe us Brits have basically just bent over and taken it up the arse with all the terraces going now :(

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I was right behind the goal all game and when we scored it felt like a MOSH PIT of sorts, great memories from the goldstone came flooding back as I got pinned against the huge barrier and almost lost me shoe!

bloody great stuff!

Wasn't like that on the Brentford terrace.

lots of room, could move about really easily. AND the added entertainment of lots of Brentford moaning moaning.

And a fantastic view of the winning goal

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
I was right behind the goal all game and when we scored it felt like a MOSH PIT of sorts, great memories from the goldstone came flooding back as I got pinned against the huge barrier and almost lost me shoe!

bloody great stuff!

exactly - i sooo miss the proper mosh pit terraces.

i feel for the poor fuckers who used to "mosh" on the kop at anfield when you see it now on tv looks depressing as shit.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I'm not sure you'd be able to "mosh" on those "safe" German terraces anyway (from the pictures I've seen at least).

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
The terrace last night is very small compared the ones in the 60s, I can assure you when surges started on the large terraces it was no fun.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Wasn't like that on the Brentford terrace.

lots of room, could move about really easily. AND the added entertainment of lots of Brentford moaning moaning.

And a fantastic view of the winning goal

Agreed, The Bees support was pitiful considering trhe weather and the top-of-the-table opposition. I had a clear area around me of at least two yards, and I don't fart or have BO. I do shout quite loud though...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
A real shame the terraces soon will be a thing of the past. ....which also mean cheaper match day tickets and a far better atmosphere.

Someone should tell Brentford. £20 for a restricted view terrace, in division 3?

ElkieB

Jun 24, 2008
Peacehaven
Fantastic support for the Albion should have thoroughly embarrassed Brentford last night.
Is that how many will be taking the short trip to Wembley, or will they, all of a sudden have a far bigger fan base.

Good also to see both Poke, although he lives locally, but more importantly, the Legend that is OGH amongst the crowd. What a top Man.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here