Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Terraces......!

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
Now after last nights celebrations on the terraces i would like to know who would rather sit in a poxy f***ing seat and just stand up and clap when a goal goes in.

Its bollox and altho i loved every minute of jumping all over the (small) terrace last night and getting shoved everywhere... it did make me miss the week in week out packed terrace.

sort that f***ing Taylor report out NOW!

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
To be honest, North Stand style surges and jumping round getting shoved are exactly the reason why terraces don't exist anymore. It's rubbish though. I wonder how many more terraced away games Brighton have left.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
All-seater stadia have killed the atmosphere at football matches. FACT!

Why oh why there can't be a small terrace for those that want it is totally beyond me. Yeah yeah, the Taylor report after Hillsborough and all that, but if a terrace is policed properly (ie number of people let in to it), I can't see the problem. f***, I'd even sign a disclaimer before I went in if it would get terraces back!

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
the atomosphere last night was amazing,still getting over it,600 in that terrace made the noise of double that figure and once a song stopped the next started...apart from last 10 when everyone seemed to be chomping on nails!

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!

Why oh why there can't be a small terrace for those that want it is totally beyond me. Yeah yeah, the Taylor report after Hillsborough and all that, but if a terrace is policed properly (ie number of people let in to it), I can't see the problem. f***, I'd even sign a disclaimer before I went in if it would get terraces back!

i'm with ya - f***, i'd even pay a few quid MORE to stand on a terrace.

Slough Seagull

Bye Bye Slough
Nov 23, 2006
perfect example last night of how football should be...those who want to sit sat in the seating behind the goal and those who wanted to relive their youth stood...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Write to your mp. If enough people write then they will have to listen.

It'll never happen.
If terraces were brought back, then at the first HINT of an injury to someone on a terrace, any MP's who signed up to the "bring back terraces" campaign would be hung, drawn and quartered. And in this day and age, probably sued.

Hove&Albion F.C

May 15, 2004

The German's have got it right with the safe standing areas that are being introduced in many of their stadiums. The new Schalke Arena has safe standing for 16,800 fans for example! This article makes you really realise how over-zealous this country has become about the matter of sitting at footy.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2001/feb/25/sport.europeanfootball

It almost makes me wish I was a German football fan!!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
It'll never happen.
If terraces were brought back, then at the first HINT of an injury to someone on a terrace, any MP's who signed up to the "bring back terraces" campaign would be hung, drawn and quartered. And in this day and age, probably sued.

SO why can we still stand at at concerts, clubs, rugby?! The moshing at Reading festival is way more dangerous than the celebrations last night, though they have introduced some extra safety measures after the death of 17 (?) at a festival in Denmark.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
It says in that article that it's like something from the 70s, but if you look closely it quite clearly isnt.

IMG_0359.JPG

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I loved the terraces,the North Stand surge,the huge crowds ,the joy of it all !

Sadly,I'm now a bit dodgy on the pins,so have to take a seat where I can.

But it's not the same,and whilst I appreciate WHY the changes were made it does deny choice. (Yes,terrace surges can be scary and perhaps sometimes littl'uns shouldn't be there).But there are always East terraces,South and West stands and terraces from where the North Stand could be watched and envied.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
SO why can we still stand at at concerts, clubs, rugby?! The moshing at Reading festival is way more dangerous than the celebrations last night, though they have introduced some extra safety measures after the death of 17 (?) at a festival in Denmark.

You're preaching to the converted mate. It IS a complete nonsense that terraces in the top divisions are banned. The fact that terraces are still allowed in the lower leagues (when a crowded terrace at a small ramshackle ground could potentially be every bit as dangerous IF the Hillsborough fuckups were ever repeated), is ridiculous - are lower league fans considered more "expendable" ? Of course not.

There is absolutely no reason whatsoever why football grounds should not have terracing, particularly in these new stadiums being built. Like anything in life, if its properly organised and controlled, there is no inherent risk. But unfortunately, I think the Hillsborough disaster has pretty much put paid to ANYONE in authority ever giving the green light to the comeback of terracing in this country.

Last edited:

Hove&Albion F.C

May 15, 2004
That pic is class- the bundesliga gets the highest attendances in Europe and no problems whatsoever as the standing is CONTROLLED. We get people being ejected for daring to stand up and get behind their team :-(

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
its true tho i wish german football rules were applied here - there's f***ing thousands of those cnuts on the terraces every week and no major incidents - it IS time to look at the state of our game.

i feel sorry for the poor fuckers who used to stand in the kop at liverpool and now have to sit there like f***ing lemons. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here