Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

teletex.....does someone there have it in for the Albion

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
for the last two weeks they have missed the Albion game in their Teletex revue of league One games and on the local sport Teletex there seems to be lots of important info missing

is the typist a Palarse fan I ask myself?

Is teletext still going then?!?
Blimey! Surely not.

Once upon a time, Roz was paid money (about £25 a year, if I remember rightly) for writing a weekly 75 words for local teletext about the Albion. I don't remember ANYONE ever reading it. We couldn't even find it on our TV.

Then they stopped paying altogether.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Blimey! Surely not.

Once upon a time, Roz was paid money (about £25 a year, if I remember rightly) for writing a weekly 75 words for local teletext about the Albion. I don't remember ANYONE ever reading it. We couldn't even find it on our TV.

I always read it.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Bang on - I was looking for it this morning and couldn't find it. :annoyed:

Sorry to bring this back but it was missing again on Friday but there does seem to be a story about Swindon repeated three times

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
BBC teletext often repeats the same fixtures......in the same frame!

was not on the fixtures page .....but on the "in brief" page
definitely out of order all this
the BBC have become very sloppy about the sport on these pages since ITV bailed out now if the story was about St Rooney that might be a different matter

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Blimey! Surely not.

Me and Jackie from Seaside Saga used to do that, we never saw a bean for it and they use to cut our stuff to shit and you had that tortuous wait for the page to flick over to your page. Some of the stuff the other fanzines wrote on there were so boring I used to imagine they'd all grown up in Burgess Hill.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
I think someone on the now defunct Teletext was an Albion fan, as on page 412, the League 1 page, there would be the usual football info and an advert for their team-text info service, that had Brighton first, above Brentford, which was alphabetically flawed...???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here