Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team for Ipswich?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Need to get last night out of the system quickly so here we go.

Ankergren
Calde - Greer - Cook - Vincelot

Bridcutt - Navarro

Barnes - Vicente - Noone

CMS​

Subs: Brez; Painter; Sparrow; LuaLua; Hoskins

Bridcutt and Navarro will bring bite to the middle and not allow people to travel with the ball as it happening at the moment.
No idea what Ipswich have down the wings but anything to do with pace and Painter will struggle. Harley can sit in the stands until he realises he is not a big fish and the team is not there for him. Dicker for every good thing he does at the moment he will do many more bad and needs time off.

Last edited:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Right. Lets start with that first name at the top. Its time for Brezovan to get another go, he only lost his place in the team through injury and we can't keep putting up with these woeful displays from Ankergren.

D

Deleted member 18477

Need to get last night out of the system quickly so here we go.

Ankergran

Bridcutt - Navarro

Barnes - Vicente - Noone

CMS​

Subs: Brez; Painter; Sparrow; LuaLua; Hoskins

Bridcutt and Navarro will bring bite to the middle and not allow people to travel with the ball as it happening at the moment.
No idea what Ipswich have down the wings but anything to do with pace and Painter will struggle. Harley can sit in the stands until he realises he is not a big fish and the team is not there for him. Dicker for every good thing he does at the moment he will do many more bad and needs time off.

BREZ
CALDE GREER COOK PAINTER
BRIDCUTT VINCELOT
NOONE VICENTE HOSKINS
CMS

SUBS: POKE, NAVARRO, LUALUA, BARNES, SPARROW

STANDS: DICKER, HARLEY, ANKERGREN, DUNK (SUSPENDED), BUCKLEY (INJURED? :()

that's mine.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Right. Lets start with that first name at the top. Its time for Brezovan to get another go, he only lost his place in the team through injury and we can't keep putting up with these woeful displays from Ankergren.

Is it though? Ankergren is looking dodgy because he is having a lot to do because we are letting teams are runn at us which should not be happening. Would Brezovan being doing any better and is it worth it in what you lose taking away Ankergren and his passing

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Is it though? Ankergren is looking dodgy because he is having a lot to do because we are letting teams are runn at us which should not be happening. Would Brezovan being doing any better and is it worth it in what you lose taking away Ankergren and his passing

Ankergren is so woeful in the air its frightening. Against Leeds he went up to punch a ball that was one yard from the touchline, the ball ricocheted back for CMS to clear off the line. He did the same again around the penalty spot last night and this time I think it was Noone that had to clear off the line.

He never comes for a cross ever. Except when he has no chance to get there, like when a long ball came for Murray last night and he somehow found himself hurtling towards the ball even though Greer, thank god, had it covered. He was bloody lucky not to concede in the first half at Cardiff for those same reasons.

His shot-saving has gone right down of late, as has his positioning. Didn't dive for either Zaha's or Murray's goals, badly wrong-footed on the first. Totally out of position for Kuyt's goal against Liverpool. There are loads more.

His distribution is good, but if that can't be drummed into another keeper who can catch then I'm very surprised. And Brezovan has been here so long he can surely do it too.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Brezovan

Bridcutt - Dicker

Hoskins - Vicente - Noone

CMS​

Right .. I've edited Rookie's post as above .. I wouldn't really want Dicker there but short on options and reckon he's the best of what we have. I wouldn't sit Harley in the stands I'd sit him on the 10.47 to Exeter with a one way ticket

Last edited:

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I think CMS and Barnes have to play much closer together. Look what happened in the second half against Leeds. They were miles apart again last night. How can you form a fruitful partnership like that?

Casper

Sep 22, 2011
Brighton

Looking dodgy ?? has always been dodgy make him fight for his place as well !!
Give Brezovan a go.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Drop Barnes for Hoskins but apart from that spot on I think, we need to make changes.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Kasper
Calde, Greer, Dunk, Vicelot
Noone Vincente Bridcutt, Harley
CMS Hoskins

Subs......does it matter.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Kasper
Calde, Greer, Dunk, Vicelot
Noone Vincente Bridcutt, Harley
CMS Hoskins

Subs......does it matter.

Dunk is suspended after the hospital pass from Painter in the first half

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
Got to give Hoskins and Vicente a start on Saturday. Barnes hardly had a touch last night and I am a bit confused as to where he should be playing at present (after last night it looked like he was of the same opinion (!), he seemed to be wide on the right side and unable to get into the match at all). Hoskins is desparate to play and a proven goal scorer, surely it is now time to see how he and CMS play together. We also need a calm head who can put his foot on the ball and also take it forward creating space for both himself and his team mates - I think Vicente might be the man for the job. It is the role I though they had brough Harley in for, but so far the signs don't look great.

I think that witrh the size of our squad, and our current injury situation, our defence pretty much picks itself.

Ankergren
Calderon Greer Cook Painter
Noone Vicente Bridcutt Vincelot
Hoskins CMS

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
-----------Ankergren------------

Calderon---Cook--Greer---Vincelot

---------Bridcutt--Navarro--------

Noone-------Hoskins------Vicente

-------------CMS---------------