wilderabeast

Jul 27, 2004
The Promised Land
why drop reid good steady player like hime alot

just prefer el abb would like to see him in the wingback pos

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
But el-abd is a central defender by instinct, if you're playing with wing backs you need someone who is more comfortable on the ball and more likely to get forward.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Kuipers

watson Butters Hinch Harding

Reid Nikolas Oatway Hammond

ChickenMcflurry Virgo

Subs: Robinson, Molango, Jarrett, mayo, may

I think we need to wqin this one, but I cant see anyone in that squad actually scoring at the moment.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Voroshilov said:
But el-abd is a central defender by instinct, if you're playing with wing backs you need someone who is more comfortable on the ball and more likely to get forward.

The wing-back system in professional football does not work like that any more (as far as I can see: watching the Albion is not the best way to sus it); when one wing-back goes forward the back line reverts to a back four. I do not know what happens when the opponents attack down one wing.

Ostensibly, the full back on the other side is out of the game unless he takes up a new position. Could push him up to the half-way line for a surprise tactic for a break-away. As far as I can see by watching the Albion, having three centre backs and they all get in each other way and Kuipers is apt to do a wobbly. I think we might be better off without Danny Cullip. Four at the back is the only way. Trouble is we haven't got any decent wingers.

Wing-backs are not that good as they rarely get to the by-line and cross. They always cross from deep.

Last edited:

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I see your grasp of tactics is as sound as your grasp of suitable sights for football stadia.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I expect the back four really have got to be all round defenders capable of playing both in the cnetre of defence as well as full-back at a pinch. By your observations El-Abd seems to fit this role. I have never been particularly struck by this ability. He has not really showed when I have been watching. Coming over the half-way line he has never looked convincing and I never seen him tested by a winger. Better than Virgo at right back who seem out of place there.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Kuipers

Hinshlewood
Virgo
Butters
Mayo

Reid
Oatway
Carpenter
Nicholas

McCammon
Robinson/ Molango ( 1 playing other sub)

Subs:

Jarrett
Hart
Jones
Robinson/Molango (whoever is not starting)
May

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here