Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team and formation for tuesday

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
.....................Kuipers..........................

Calderon.....Virgo.....Tunnicliffe........McNulty

............... Croft......Dicker...............

..........................Cox.......................

Bennett.....................................Carole

........................Murray.......................

I can really see this working. keeping two wide men rather than just the one I'm sure will bring the best out in Murray as well as giving McNulty less responsibiliy to cover 2 positions allowing him to play his more natural game. It'd be great to see Cox in the middle showing more attacking threat like he did under Wilkins by supporting Murray and feeding the wingers who would be in positions to cross for you know who, remember Cox can also score from range as we've seen in the past, something the Albion have lacked this season.
Dicker playing behind Cox would allow Cox more freedom to find space and get himself into more dangerous positions where he'd receive the ball alot more than he has in recent seasons, Dickers good distribution and Crofts ability to win possession gives us a potent midfield if you ask me especially when you remember what it was like having Thomson in the middle playing sideways or back passes and leaving any flair player ie Cox, Carole etc in no-mans land.
Tunnicliffe instead of Elphick because I'm not sure if my heart can take anymore of Elphicks flimsy defending and lack of height and pace not to mention his pathetic distribution.

We need to change things around a little and I reckon this would be a good shout.

Last edited:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
You're replacing Elphick, one if our most solid performers in the past few games? And putting in two of the least effective midfielders in Cox and Carole? That team would be 5 down by half time and like a limp dick in attack, but carry on!

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
It will be the same line up as yesterday unless there's an injury.

Why change it? If we had took our chances we would have won comfortably.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
You're replacing Elphick, one if our most solid performers in the past few games? And putting in two of the least effective midfielders in Cox and Carole? That team would be 5 down by half time and like a limp dick in attack, but carry on!

Did you watch the game yesterday? the second half was awful we only got a point when we deserved more, surely there's something tactical going wrong?. Elphick the most solid performer!! well if there's anything to hs game i suppose there might be that, but being solid isn't enough, you need to be good as well. I take it you weren't at the villa game where he played like a fairy and tackled like a women, he was embarrasing, like most of his matches, a touch of a rapist. Oh yeah Carole isn't a midfielder you plonker and Cox's has showed more promise this season than previous seasons showing impact when coming of the bench. I also thought he was impressive against southampton giving me confidence in him for Tuesday.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
It will be the same line up as yesterday unless there's an injury.

Why change it? If we had took our chances we would have won comfortably.

We didn't and thats that. half the game was encouraging, thats not enough for me.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Hopefully this ridiculous stand-off with our top goalscorer will be resolved before Tuesday, and he can take his place in the team again.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Hopefully this ridiculous stand-off with our top goalscorer will be resolved before Tuesday, and he can take his place in the team again.

Why? He should be on the bench at the most as I dont think that we missed him yesterday as I believe that yesterday Dickinson and Murray combined well with each other.

chinners

Aug 27, 2009
Brighton
Same as yesterday with fozzie on the bench at least

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I'm with you Easy. I hope this crazy NF sitch can be sorted before Tuesday, because I really don't rate Dickinson tbh. I must confess, I ain't holding me breath though.. :(

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Town have been very iffy away this season and yesterday, Clarke read the riot act to them after drawing at home to carlisle. I think the first 20 minutes will be vital for both teams....if Town are quick out of the blocks and score early on, then I think Brighton will struggle to live with them, however if Gus has done his job and knows that the main threat is Rhodes and Eccleston as well as Williams anywhere around the box for free kicks, then I think Brighton have a chance.

Prediction....2-2

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
I think we've got a chance these next 2 games. We're playing better and both Hudds and Norwich seem to be dipping. If it weren't for the Withdean effect I'd be confident of 4 points.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I have a feeling Brighton will be really tonked by Norwich.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here