Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Taxi please...oh and make it white please.....

rospants

off to ronan in the park!
Jul 11, 2005
brighton
just been reading about that, bbc in trouble again...., would she of got the same reaction if she asked for an asian only??

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
In Gosport, because of incidents with Turkish drivers in the past, females who book taxis are assured that they will not have a Turkish driver. In fact, even as a bloke, I routinely request that my drivers are not Turkish because they seem to be sharing a licence! Racist? Don't really care, but I still wouldn't get into a taxi with a Turk behind the wheel, and some of the companies down here are realising that it's becoming a prevalent attitude and are not hiring Turks.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Nearly as funny as the controller of a Grimsby taxi firm putting a call out on their taxi radio one night at 2 am whilst I was being taken home. He said "Got a call here , some mad c*nt says he wants a f*cking spacecruiser FFS. He must be on another f*cking planet can someone speak to this c*nt" at which point a voice interjected and said "Oi I heard all that , mate" as the controller realised he must have left the channel open. My driver radioed back to say the bloke wanted a 7 seater. :lolol:

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
had a quick google but could not find any growler shots from her glamour times.....

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
Makes one stop and think after reading this :

Michael Richards Court Speech (Michael Richards is better known as Kramer from tv's Seinfeld series)

This was his defense speech in court after making racial comments in his comedy act. He makes some very interesting points. He said :

I'm proud To Be White. Someone finally said it.
How many are actually paying attention to this ?
There are African Americans, Mexican Americans,
Asian Americans, Arab Americans, etc.
And then there are just Americans.
You pass me on the street and sneer in my direction.
You Call me 'White boy,' 'Cracker,' 'Honkey,'
'Whitey,' 'Caveman' ... and that's OK.

But when I call you, ******, Kike, Towel head,
Sand-******, Camel Jockey, Beaner , Gook, or Chink ..
You call me a racist. You say that whites commit a lot of violence against you, so why are the ghettos the most dangerous places to live ?

You have the United Negro College Fund.
You have Martin Luther King Day.
You have Black History Month.
You have Cesar Chavez Day.
You have Yom Hashoah.
You have Ma'uled Al-Nabi.
You have the NAACP.
You have BET.
If we had WET (White Entertainment Television) we'd be racists. If we had a White Pride Day, you would call us racists.
If we had White History Month , we'd be racists.
If we had any organization for only whites to 'advance'
OUR lives we'd be racists.
We have a Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, a Black Chamber of Commerce, and then we just have the plain Chamber of Commerce.
Wonder who pays for that ?

A white woman could not be in the Miss Black American pageant, but any color can be in the Miss America pageant. If we had a college fund that only gave white students scholarships you know we'd be racists. There are over 60 openly proclaimed Black Colleges in the US . Yet if there were 'White colleges' THAT would be a racist college.

In the Million Man March, you believed that you were marching for your race and rights. If we marched for our race and rights, you would call us racists. You are proud to be black, brown, yellow and orange, and you're not afraid to announce it.
But when we announce our white pride, you call us racists.

You rob us, carjack us, and shoot at us.

But , when a white police officer shoots a black gang member or beats up a black drug-dealer running from the law and posing a threat to society, you call him a racist.

I am proud. But you call me a racist.
Why is it that only whites can be racists ?

There is nothing improper about he said.

Makes me wonder if the same operator had been asked not to send a white cab driver, would the same attitude have been adopted?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If her 14 year old daughter would "freak out" at the sight of a guy in a turban, then thats one f***ed-up kid she's managed to bring up.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Thats all very nice Lankyseagull, slightly undermined by the fact it's an internet myth. After his outburst at the laugh factory "Kramer" apologised on Letterman.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Nearly as funny as the controller of a Grimsby taxi firm putting a call out on their taxi radio one night at 2 am whilst I was being taken home. He said "Got a call here , some mad c*nt says he wants a f*cking spacecruiser FFS. He must be on another f*cking planet can someone speak to this c*nt" at which point a voice interjected and said "Oi I heard all that , mate" as the controller realised he must have left the channel open. My driver radioed back to say the bloke wanted a 7 seater. :lolol:

:lol::lol:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Well from an Australian perspective people would prefer a local version be their cabbie driver as well.

Not because the driver is Indian, Sudanese or anything really, it's because it costs about $10 less with a local driver because they actually know where they are going.

Although there is often a hygiene issue involved with foreign cabbies.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
We have got quite a keen BBC provided poll coming to our screens soon.

Which [insertinsult]gate was worse?

1. Harty and Hawsey
2. Woss and Brand
3. Sam Mason
4. To be confirmed

The biggest insult on the BBc of late is their pitiful excuse for a sitcom which I watched 4 minutes of the other night.
After You've Gone is the name if you are interested and I warn you now you shouldn`t be.

I felt like ringing in and complaining.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
who? oh, a nobody.

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
Thats all very nice Lankyseagull, slightly undermined by the fact it's an internet myth. After his outburst at the laugh factory "Kramer" apologised on Letterman.

Oh well, all of the points it makes are perfectly valid to be honest. Doesn't make what she's done right mind you, that was far too ott but the fact is if white people do ANYTHING that doesn't include every other race in the world we are accused of racism.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
The audio clip of this from the Sun's website is CLASS :lolol:

I love the way she just tells the operator to hold on while she does a link on the radio. Thus giving away where she works and who she is...GENIUS!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here