Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

TAXI For WENGER

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
"are you looking at me , are you looking at me "
(journalist )
"well it is your press conference ":cool:

Sounding rather like De Niro in Taxi Driver Mr Wenger is really losing the plot now
With the visit of Bayern tonight probably the worst team to play against after the defeat of Blackburn the patience of the Arsenal faithful is wearing thin

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
No different to what Fergie does if he does not like the question put to him if its an issue he does not want to discuss. At least Wenger turns up for press conferences, for years old red nose would not speak to the BBC pre or post match.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Bayern will destroy Arsenal this evening, even with an out of form Schweinstiger. I think the knives will be out tonight.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Win win for me. Either Arsenal get humiliated, or Arsenal fans will have to tie themselves in knots to take back all their bile against AW over the past week.

Racek

Wing man to TFSO top boy.
Jan 3, 2010
Edinburgh
No different to what Fergie does if he does not like the question put to him if its an issue he does not want to discuss. At least Wenger turns up for press conferences, for years old red nose would not speak to the BBC pre or post match.

That was to do with the Panorama program not because he did not want to talk about football.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
It is ridiculous that a club of Arsenals size, history, revenue, academy,etc.... have not won a trophy for 8 seasons. For the prices they charge their STH I cannot not believe that there isn't a revolution up their. If anything they are getting further away from top spot. On a personal note I'm loving it... the in-laws are gooners!!!

dragonred

Aug 8, 2011
Hove
was a great manager but now seems just willing to toe whatever line the board set rather than challenge them to be better - can't imagine either Mourrino or Fergie would have been so passive whilst going 8 years, winning nothing and losing great players to only be replaced by at best good players every year ...He'd do his reputation world of good to find a new challenge to remind himself (and fans) that he really is a decent coach and able to change with the times and build a team from bottom up again....

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
That was to do with the Panorama program not because he did not want to talk about football.

He has refused to talk to lots of journalists for years and had them thrown out of and banned from press conferences

- - - Updated - - -

was a great manager but now seems just willing to toe whatever line the board set rather than challenge them to be better - can't imagine either Mourrino or Fergie would have been so passive whilst going 8 years, winning nothing and losing great players to only be replaced by at best good players every year ...He'd do his reputation world of good to find a new challenge to remind himself (and fans) that he really is a decent coach and able to change with the times and build a team from bottom up again....

So Van Persie is "at best good"? And Fabregas?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Plenty of times he has either refused to answer a question because he does not want to answer or, ignore a journalists question if he doe not like it.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield

I'd be more than happy for him to come and manage us if Gus gets on his bike.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
i think i am the only one that thinks arsenal as a club have allot of class, and wenger is a great manager. the way they play, spend, conduct themselves - its all good stuff we as a club can only dream of.

the press know how to get to him - check the interview this week on sportinglife / ssn.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
i think i am the only one that thinks arsenal as a club have allot of class, and wenger is a great manager. the way they play, spend, conduct themselves - its all good stuff we as a club can only dream of.

the press know how to get to him - check the interview this week on sportinglife / ssn.

It's Wenger being stubborn over the years in the transfer Market that riles the fans there's money in the kitty to buy top players which they would of kept Van Persie , Nasri & Fabregas at the club if the club had shown ambition in moving forwards , Arsenal have been treading water by their standards & Wenger is now just content on finishing 4th every season to qualify for the champions league
The fans were fed a dream that they had to move out of Highbury (to the Emirates ) to compete with the top clubs of Europe & carry on winning trophies which they are not and the fans are paying the highest prices to watch 2nd rate players to those that they watched and won trophies at Highbury , since the move to the Emirates the trophy cabinet is bare

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I think the reverse of this is true. The board are willing to toe whatever line Wenger sets, not the other way round. Since Dein left no one at the club had the guts to stand up to him for fear of upsetting him. He's had money to spend, he can change the wage structure, but he is in charge of it all.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
He's a great manager going through a difficult period. Lets face it, they've got a massive debt to service and no rich benefactor. How are they supposed to compete with Man Utd, City and Chelsea? Meanwhile there are still a few similar sized clubs who would LOVE the "problems" Arsenal have got, thanks to Wenger's management.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Apparently he told them that he would be missed when he was gone, which made me think of the cup song:

Anna Kendrick Cup Song LIVE FULL Pitch Perfect - YouTube

For a girl dropped from the final Twilight film for being "too wooden" ( :lolol: Considering the rest of the cast!), she is doing VERY nicely.

In more topic related opinion, Arsenal will get stuffed tonight. And, frankly, I'm looking forward to it. They preach good football but have signed some shockingly poor players and they'll be exposed against a WORLD CLASS team tonight. Bayern have conceded just 7 league goals in 22 games this season. They're an absolute force and they'll win the Champions League. Arsenal will get an absolute PASTING.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm curious - why are so many people "looking forward" to Arsenal getting hammered? This is a club that revolutionised the way the game was played here in the '90s, IMO for the better.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm curious - why are so many people "looking forward" to Arsenal getting hammered? This is a club that revolutionised the way the game was played here in the '90s, IMO for the better.

I have a bit of a soft spot for Arsenal to be honest. I agree with what you say about how they changed the game and they spend within their means which are both worthy attributes. And whilst I think they will get hammered tonight I'm not looking forward to it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here