Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

taxi drivers..

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
It amazes me how many of them expect you to give way and pull out infront of you but how rarely they give way themselfs!

But then I forgot, they own the roads!:shootself

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
They are either asian or a menace to other road users

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
and when your daughter leaves her phone in their cabs, they run up bills of £200 phoning f***ing EGYPT...you arab scum!!!!

Oh and BTW, dont ever believe people in the office taking the calls....they forget YOU ORDERED A TAXI TO PICK YOU UP FROM GATWICK, SO LEAVING YOU STRANDED FOR TWO HOURS YOU BASTARDS..... and also when reporting said lost phone, which she realised withing two seconds of them driving away, they will not put out a call to the fleet to HELP YOU.

:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

I have issues with taxis........:down:

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
in my opinion, they are just like lorry drivers........ignorant arseholes, they feel they have more right on the roads than anyone else, (im sure there are some exceptions to this btw) and why do most taxi drivers look at you as if your a right mean bastard when you dont tip them ???.....its not like they dont charge enough anyway !!!!! (well in south wales its like that) and trust me........i do only use a taxi when i have ABSOLUTLEY no other alternative

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
dave the gaffer said:
and when your daughter leaves her phone in their cabs, they run up bills of £200 phoning f***ing EGYPT...you arab scum!!!!

Oh and BTW, dont ever believe people in the office taking the calls....they forget YOU ORDERED A TAXI TO PICK YOU UP FROM GATWICK, SO LEAVING YOU STRANDED FOR TWO HOURS YOU BASTARDS..... and also when reporting said lost phone, which she realised withing two seconds of them driving away, they will not put out a call to the fleet to HELP YOU.

:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

I have issues with taxis........:down:

Name and shame them Dave:clap2:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
hitony said:
in my opinion, they are just like lorry drivers........ignorant arseholes.

Thanks.

They are members of a profession that has an issue of public confidence to deal with.

But, locally, their image is nowhere near as bad as that of unlicensed minicab drivers in London.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
If you drove as many miles as I do, you'd realise that it's the car drivers who take the most risks.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
dave the gaffer said:

Whereas Spanish taxi drivers are brilliant. Coming home from Barcelona, I left a bag on the back seat of the taxi that we took to the airport. In the bag were both mine and Mrs P's passports, tickets, mobile phone, video camera and normal camera. Managed to get home without tix and passports (thank goodness we flew BA), and a week later I got a letter from the British Embassy in Barcelona, saying the taxi driver had handed everything in.
:bowdown:

Last edited:

dave the gaffer said:

pasty said:
Whereas Spanish taxi drivers are brilliant. Coming home from Barcelona, I left a bag on the back seat of the taxi that we took to the airport. In the bag were both mine and Mrs P's passports, tickets, mobile phone, video camera and normal camera. Managed to get home without tix and passports (thank goodness we flew BA), and a week later I got a letter from the British Embassy in Barcelona, saying the taxi driver had handed everything in.
:bowdown:

Do I detect an element of simplistic generalisation creeping into this discussion - based on rather vague assertions relating to ethnicity?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I always use Albion taxis in Burgess Hil and always found them to be punctual, reliable, courteous and very reasonably priced. As opposed to Sation Taxis in Haywards Heath who are too big and too expensive and believe that they are doing THEIR CUSTOMERS a great favour by turning up when booked.

Last edited:

Crazy Cornish Gal

Dec 26, 2003
Brighton
We got one taxi in Berlin back to the airport, craziest taxi ride ever! We were holding on in the back, while he had a bit of a barney going on with another cab driver at a red light!
Did get there bloody quick though!!

BensGrandad said:
I always use Albion taxis in Burgess Hil and always found them to be punctual, reliable, courteous and very reasonably priced. As opposed to Sation Taxis in Haywards Heath who are too big and too expensive and believe that they are doing THEIR CUSTOMERS a great favour by turning up when booked.

Very nice of you to say so, we do try!

There are some miserable bastard cabbies but the vast majority of us are decent friendly people.

I once dropped my wallet in a cab in Nottingham which had £1300 cash which belonged to the band i worked with at the time. When i phoned the office they contacted the driver who said he couldn't find it. Ten mins later they phoned to say he had found it and came back to me and gave it back and didn't expect anything in return. Top stuff!

www.albiontravel.com (shameless plug!!)

Last edited:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Lord Bracknell said:
Do I detect an element of simplistic generalisation creeping into this discussion - based on rather vague assertions relating to ethnicity?

Certainly not Lord B. It is blatantly obvious that my one experience of one Spanish taxi driver spoke volumes for the behavioural attitude of every single taxi driver working in Spain.
:lolol:

Edit: thinking about it, I'm not even sure he was Spanish !

Last edited:

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
In Goa you could have a taxi all day for about £20. Be warned that most believe in reincarnation (they way they drive they would have to).

Mr Albion

Nov 7, 2003
brighton
One thing I've found with Brighton cabbies is that there is a polarised Falmer opinion, had one cab driver who did nothing but slag of Dick Knight with "he's ripping you off he's a crook". Anecdotal I know, but I sense an anti Falmer majority.
Other opinions include "Waterhall mate" the odd, "what's wrong with Withdean" and ..."that Margaret Thatcher, best thing that ever 'appened to this country".

I rest my case.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here