Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Taxi Drivers

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
This is Dave The Gaffer

Last night we arrived ast Gatwick Airport having booked ( BOOKED!!!!) a taxi from Shoreham Taxi's to pick us up when our plane got in.
We spoke to the man and confirmed everything on the phone.

We arrive at Gatwick at 8 o/clock, phone the taxi as he said and guess what....THEY HAD NO RECORD OF OUR BOOKING

He had the fecking cheek to say..."go and have a cup of cofee we will see if we can get someone out to you"

We called the father in law who came and got us and we got home just after 10 :15 pm.

IF YOU NEED A TAXI DONT CALL SHOREHAM TAXIS

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Dave . . .I find Shoreham taxis generally good . . .but I'll happily stand up and say 95% of cabbies aRE

%^%^**$^$%&* $&*& **** PIKEY THIEVEING TOSSPOTS :angry:

Bobby's Gull

DAFT Bint
Jul 6, 2003
Bed
How often has that happened to me on a night out when I've booked a taxi, it hasn't turned up so I ring up and ask what has happened to it only to be told there is no record of a booking. So I'm left in the middle of T.wells, way after the last bus and no way of getting home. FFS :angry:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I never rely on Taxi Scabs for trips to and from the airport. It may cost a few quid more but Airport Parking and your own car will always be reliable, if somebody screws up a booking it only means an extra few minutes while somebody collects your car (never had that happen BTW). If your flight is delayed your car will still be there waiting for you without any waiting time added to the fare.

John Dorian

Glass Case of EMOTION
:lolol: taxis are great especially when you are f**king pissed right off your face and you order one at 4 or 5 in the morning and it is there in 5 minutes. and it takes you right to your door.:lolol:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Can't fault 747474. They ring you up when they're outside your house - which is handy when you're off to LGW at four a.m. on a Sunday morning. Plus the lad who picked me up from Hark Mansions last Sunday had a Seagulls cover on his mobile, had been to Crawley and the Victory Parade and him and his daughter are season ticket holders. Said his daughter's on here all the time. Never quite got round to exchanging names, which is a shame cos he could have gone back and told his daughter 'I had that Tom Hark in the back of me cab'. Anyways belated cheers to you both. :clap: :drink:

Gullet

Feb 8, 2004
Bevendean
Bwian said:
I never rely on Taxi Scabs for trips to and from the airport. It may cost a few quid more but Airport Parking and your own car will always be reliable, if somebody screws up a booking it only means an extra few minutes while somebody collects your car (never had that happen BTW). If your flight is delayed your car will still be there waiting for you without any waiting time added to the fare.
That's the way I prefer to do it as well. Taxis are overpriced and unreliable.

CAFC Matt

Jul 27, 2003
Woodindean
I was watching some cops programme on tv the other day...Rail Cops it was...and this taxi driver was on CCTV having a intimate moment in the drivers seat with himself over a dirty mag. Quite funny when the police arrived..."Excuse me sir but would you mind stopping what you are doing and step out of the vehicle". Very funny indeed but we never found out what happened to the person he was waiting for :lolol:

D

Deleted User X18H

Tom Hark said:
Can't fault 747474. They ring you up when they're outside your house - which is handy when you're off to LGW at four a.m. on a Sunday morning. Plus the lad who picked me up from Hark Mansions last Sunday had a Seagulls cover on his mobile, had been to Crawley and the Victory Parade and him and his daughter are season ticket holders. Said his daughter's on here all the time. Never quite got round to exchanging names, which is a shame cos he could have gone back and told his daughter 'I had that Tom Hark in the back of me cab'. Anyways belated cheers to you both. :clap: :drink:
I sit next to him and his daughter I think

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Like any walk of life there are good taxi drivers and bad taxi drivers.

The problem that BAG had is more to do with someone in the office not marking down a booking properly rather than the taxi driver themselves.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Brighton cabbies are quality.....(that's for you Pete, Ice, Malc the Alc, Brian the Iron etc)

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
You should try the Cabs in Crawley, for some reason they all look like Bin Laden.
Certain times of the day it is impossible to get a cab because all the drivers are off praying somewhere!!

When ordering a Cab from the airport always request they pick you up from the South terminal service road, instead of the Arrivals or departures. This can save you money as it is technically not an airport pick up. For some reason they charge more from the terminal buildings.

Never use the Cab company that is based at the south Terminal, they will rip you off!! £60 it cost me once to get to Shoreham!

Oh and apolgies to whoevers cab it was I nicked outside the Madjeski on Saturday!!

Driver said he was booked, I asked how much is it to the station? He replied £6, OK here is a tenner now drive!!

Sorry I was thirsty!!!

Last edited:

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
I used to use Embassy cabs when I lived in Stoke. They were dirt cheap, the only drawback was that nearly all the drivers couldn't speak or understand English very well and I often had to end up directing them to my destination.
I gave up on them for good after I booked a cab to take me to a bar in the city-centre where I was going to DJ. The fella didn't understand a word of English (I think he was Sudanese) and didn't seem to be "all there".
As usual the driver didn't know where I wanted to go, despite me telling the operator my destination, but this was pretty standard for all the cab firms in Stoke.
The conversation went something like:

Me "Can you take me to Satchmo's please?"
Driver "Eh?"
Me "Satchmo's? The bar? On Glass Street."
Driver "Eh?"
Me "Glass Street? In Hanley. You know, Hanley? (Hanley is the city-centre of Stoke-on-Trent)"
Driver "Huh?"
Me "Hanley? Can you take me to Glass Street in Hanley?"
Driver "No, I no, I no (shrugging all the while, he clearly doesn't understand a word of what i'm saying, maybe it's the accent)"
Me "Can you take me to the Potteries? The Potteries shopping centre in Hanley? Shopping centre, Potteries? (Right in the centre of Hanley, one of the biggest and most popular destinations in the city)"
Driver "Oh, ok. (At last!)"

So we set off round the ring-road towards Hanley, all going well so far, not much conversation going on, when he suddenly takes a right turn at one of the roundabouts and starts tearing off towards Fenton (one of the towns that make up Stoke-on-Trent, right out towards the east).

Me "Woah, woah! Where are you going?"
Driver "You say pottery, I go to pottery."
Me "I said Hanley, the potteries shopping centre. I don't want to go to Royal Doulton at half nine at night!"
Driver "You say pottery, you say pottery."
Me "PotterIES. Hanley, city centre, shopping centre. It's half nine and i'm carrying a record bag filled with records. I'm not going to an illegal rave up at Minton, I haven't just been possessed by the urge to buy a full tea set at half nine at night!"

That was the end for me and Embassy cabs. I paid the guy the exact money and swore never to use the firm again. Thankfully i've never had an experience like that in Brighton. Surely all drivers should be able to speak and understand English?

Last edited:

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
I went to get a taxi from Gatwick to Newhaven a few weeks back. £55 they wanted! I said piss off that's more than £1 a minute!

So I got the train. Easy.

zoe

Jul 5, 2003
The Mobile Shop Withdean
Tom Hark said:

thanx for the lovely comments about my dad! i'll pass them on, and let him know he had Tom Hark in the back of his cab!

D

Deleted User X18H

zoe said:
yes, h b&b you do sit with us!
Ohh your up late
you best get some shut eye and conserve your energy for Saturday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here