Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tartan Army forum - Liam Bridcutt

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
"He's english, not interested in the slightest in seeing him even looking at a Scotland jersey. "

Pathetic

He's got a point though, just think of the MASSIVE pool of World class "truly Scottish" players at their disposal, why look anywhere else?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I wouldn't place my cards in that particular pile if I was in his shoes. Granted, he's a long way off yet, but if he were to move to the PL, and perform as he has been doing, the regular exposure might, just might put him on the fringes of England recognition (and I'm not suggesting he's anywhere near that for now, good though he's been). If a journeyman like Leon Osman or a carthorse like Jordan Henderson can get picked, then- if he was playing regularly in the PL- he shouldn't be thinking about condemning himself to a career of international mediocrity with the haggis-botherers just yet.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
He's got a point though, just think of the MASSIVE pool of World class "truly Scottish" players at their disposal, why look anywhere else?

That sounds like a good game- without googling it, how many players can you name from the last Scottish international squad?

I'll start. Darren Fletcher (was he fit then?). Jordan Rhodes. One of the Caldwells. Errr.....

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
That sounds like a good game- without googling it, how many players can you name from the last Scottish international squad?

I'll start. Darren Fletcher (was he fit then?). Jordan Rhodes. One of the Caldwells. Errr.....

That keeper from Rangers that Levien banned for 'life'?

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley

errm,..............errm...........
struggling

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I wouldn't place my cards in that particular pile if I was in his shoes. Granted, he's a long way off yet, but if he were to move to the PL, and perform as he has been doing, the regular exposure might, just might put him on the fringes of England recognition (and I'm not suggesting he's anywhere near that for now, good though he's been). If a journeyman like Leon Osman or a carthorse like Jordan Henderson can get picked, then- if he was playing regularly in the PL- he shouldn't be thinking about condemning himself to a career of international mediocrity with the haggis-botherers just yet.

I can't remember the last time they were as good as "mediocre"!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
That keeper from Rangers that Levien banned for 'life'?

I've just looked it up, and no, he wasn't in it, because he's now playing in Turkey and whoever the manager is now decided to leave him at home to give him a rest. There are three keepers in the squad...any ideas?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto

Ally McC... no
Gary McCal... no
Colin Hend... no
Duncan Ferg... no

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I've just looked it up, and no, he wasn't in it, because he's now playing in Turkey and whoever the manager is now decided to leave him at home to give him a rest. There are three keepers in the squad...any ideas?

Henderson (the ex Pompey one, rather than the ex Albion one?)

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Fill in the blanks (please, no cheating, this is designed to see just how anonymous Scottish footballers are these days). This is the squad picked to play Luxembourg last November. The Caldwell I mentioned isn't in it, but Rhodes and Darren Fletcher are. Any more?

Goalkeepers

Defenders

Midfielders
10. Darren Fletcher

"Strikers"
17. Jordan Rhodes

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
How about the two Wigan chaps, James McArthur and James McCarthy? At least one of them must be a jock, surely?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Scotland need Bridcutt more than Bridcutt needs Scotland.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here