Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Taking your dog into shops and restaurants

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
We have 2 golden retrievers and they will always come to pubs with us (as long as they allow dogs). Most pubs, around us, will allow dogs in the bar area but not in the restaurant area which I agree with! My boys are very pub friendly and happy to lay on the floor off the lead with no issues. We will actively seek out dog friendly pubs, which in the new forest isn’t hard!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
We were in the red lion, a brilliant pub in handcross on Sunday and had a lovely bowl of vegetable soup and bread, which was just a whole heap of vegetables in a stock...nom nom nom

Anyway the memsahib and me sphere sat at a pub table in the bar with a Labrador and a pub with the couple right next to us.

No problem with it ..

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
In France the amount of dogs muck in the streets is shocking. It is like a minefield.

French dog shit is explosive? Bloody good job we're leaving the common market, then!

AmexRuislip

Retired Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
download (1).jpeg

This is in my local pub, the Woodman on a Thursday night, you cannot move for dogs ???

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I like dogs but I agree for hygiene reasons dogs other than guide dogs should not be allowed anywhere that serves open food, restaurants, pubs, coffee shops etc. Young Children clearly should be allowed in all restaurants but not pubs because of alcohol being the main thing usually consumed in a pub.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Dogs should not be allowed in, I would also add that they should be banned from all forms of public transport. (Obviously assistance dogs exempt)

Last Saturday I almost stepped on a small dog sitting on the busy tube carriage floor.

Although in terms of pets, walking to Stamford Bridge earlier this season I did smile when a bloke walking towards me had a parrot on each shoulder.

Jan 30, 2008
Dogs should not be allowed in, I would also add that they should be banned from all forms of public transport. (Obviously assistance dogs exempt)

Last Saturday I almost stepped on a small dog sitting on the busy tube carriage floor.

Although in terms of pets, walking to Stamford Bridge earlier this season I did smile when a bloke walking towards me had a parrot on each shoulder.
That would be H and Watford bloke then .
regards
DF

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
People who own dogs are often oblivious to the stench they make. I see so many people who let their dogs into their bedrooms and onto their bedding. What the feck is wrong with these people?

There is also the 'dog smell', which owners can't fathom, but it's pretty grim. It's a bit like the smoker who pops out for a fag, and then gets in the lift.

Last edited:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
IMHO they should never be allowed in shops/restaurants /pubs serving food to eat in but I have no objection to them being in non food shops like opticians, hardware shoes etc,

You are obviously a townie. It’s never been like that in most of the country. Re pubs that is.
I have never taken the dog into a shop or restaurant. Bizarre if that is happening.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
dogs don't sweat, so if they smell its either a skin condition, dirty or very stressed . . . or maybe all 3!

most dogs are a reflection of their owners and pampered pets as well, I have taken our dog into all sorts of places and he's a good boy! but generally pubs yes, shops . . . .usually not . . .restaurants . . .no.

cafe's etc, at the owners discretion . . . I went to Fiorre di latte a while back at lunch for pizza, the dog was wlecome and he just lay down under the table for the duration once we'd been there a few minutes and he had settled, it was quiet, and there were no screaming kids with food flying around.

TBH dogs are like kids, some are great, some are shocking, and most are just, meh!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You are obviously a townie. It’s never been like that in most of the country. Re pubs that is.
I have never taken the dog into a shop or restaurant. Bizarre if that is happening.

I have no objection whatsoever with dogs in a bar not serving food although I do sometimes shudder when a large dog is allowed to roam and the owners say " he is ok he is friendly" I do not know that or the dog when I see it. However, I do not agree with them walking around where food is served and I dont want them sniffing around when I am eating whether it be in a town or country pub.

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Many years ago I had to meet my Dad's mad girlfriend at Browns at the top of the Laines(?). She had a huge German shepherd with her and asked me to look after it. I put the loop of it's lead under my chair leg and forgot about it while I tried to be polite to Dad's mad girlfriend. It lay quiet under the table. I got up to go to the loo and halfway across Browns I heard a commotion and said German shepherd was running across restaurant to join me with chair still attached to it's lead. Still gives me the shivers.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
As a dog lover and owner (observe my avatar!) I am always respectful of any establishment’s rules regarding dogs being allowed, or not, on their premises. I tend to find that most pubs allow dogs and most restaurants don’t. Fair enough, in my opinion.

In my view if the establishment chooses that animals or children are not welcome then that’s their prerogative, they have their reasons. There is a pub close to where I live that does not allow dogs - I don’t go in there, instead I choose a pub that is dog friendly, I spend my money there and therefore they benefit.

I thnk that if you go for a walk with your dog/s and fancy a pint, that's fine to go to a pub that is dog friendly it may even be ok to go to a pub for something to eat but why on earth would you want to take your dog to a restaurant for an evening meal?
Surely they/it /he /she should stay home and guard the house / apartment?
See dogs in restaurants here all the time and think it's wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here