Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"taking care of business" song on albion dvd

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
anyone knows who sings it? and what the album thats its on called?

its been in my head all day

:)

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
'Taking care of business' was originally done by Bachman Turner Overdrive around 1975. BTO were a Canadian band who were spawned from a band called Guess Who who's claim to fame was 'American Woman' revived quite recently by Lenny Kravitz.

I can't remember the name of the Album TCOB came from but it was their second. The most famous BTO tune was 'You ain't seen nothing yet' which was a number1 worldwide in 1975.

BTO were a typical 'Boogie band' with peers such as Savoy Brown, Foghat, ZZ Top (as they used to sound) and even the likes of the Allmans and Lynyrd Skynyrd.

Taking care of business is on a greatest hiits CD and I have a copy of it. You may be able to download it however as, although long gone BTO remain well liked by people of my generation. An honest and unpretencious rock band.

driddles

Nov 8, 2003
Ontario, Canada
as I remember it .. You ain't seen nothing yet. was actually never intended for recording. After playing what they wanted to be on their new album the company said they needed another song (or a better song). The band used to goof around with You ain't seen nothing yet. Randy's brother was a stutterer and the song was making fun of him picking up a woman 'Bbbbbbaby you aaaaaaaint seen nnnothing yet'.

Anyway they played it - it became a hit.

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
Artist = Lenny Fontana presents Black Sun
Title = Work To Do
Label = Estereo
Released = 1999

I used to have it in my record collection until a year ago, then I swapped it (along with a few other vinyls) for a 4 Vinyl album. Then I heard it on the video and thought "why the f*ckity f*ck did I do that?" Hard to find now 'cos Estereo never pressed many copies.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Ex Shelton Seagull said:
Artist = Lenny Fontana presents Black Sun
Title = Work To Do
Label = Estereo
Released = 1999

I used to have it in my record collection until a year ago, then I swapped it (along with a few other vinyls) for a 4 Vinyl album. Then I heard it on the video and thought "why the f*ckity f*ck did I do that?" Hard to find now 'cos Estereo never pressed many copies.

Never heard of this bloke, is it the same song ? They seem polls apart musically.

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
Two very different songs. As far as i'm aware Lenny Fontana wasn't inspired by BTO. I think the only relation the two songs have with each other is that they contain the line "taking care of business".

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
havent heard or seen the DVD but the lyric 'taking care of business' is on an Average white band track called 'work to do'

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Ex Shelton Seagull said:
Two very different songs. As far as i'm aware Lenny Fontana wasn't inspired by BTO. I think the only relation the two songs have with each other is that they contain the line "taking care of business".

That definately seems a more plausable answer. Can't think why the BTO song would be on an Albion CD. Well done Shelts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here