Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Syncronised diving!

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Anyone else been watching this? It's pure class!

Last night some joker managed to get on the diving board! (Didn't actually see this bit but they were talking about it)

A Chinese bloke totally f**ked up his dive and ended up going in on his back!

Another guy hit the board with his feet!

The judges were awarding marks ranging from 4.5 to 8.0!! cRaZy!

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
I heard it was mental, but I missed all of it. I wanted to see the dude in the tutu get onto the diving board....

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Re: Re: Syncronised diving!

ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Is that not because they give marks for different things?

not sure. There are judges that mark the syncronisation and judges that mark the execution. I was talking about the execution marks being variable. Whether they hav two judges marking one bloke and two judges marking the other I don't know.

I haven't been this confused since I watched a short track speed skating relay!

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
We got robbed in that last night the british pair got well tight marking by the judges for decent dives whereas other teams had wors edives and got better scores so we ended up fifth if the judges had been a bit more generous we'd have scraped a bronze.

They all basically conspired to give the gold to greece. The Chinese had it sewn up and f***ed it on the last dive and after that a succession of real f*** ups by all the favorites gifted greece the gold.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Re: Re: Re: Syncronised diving!

Lammy said:
not sure. There are judges that mark the syncronisation and judges that mark the execution. I was talking about the execution marks being variable. Whether they hav two judges marking one bloke and two judges marking the other I don't know.

I haven't been this confused since I watched a short track speed skating relay!

Crazy horses indeed.

:jester:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
That Chinese one had to hurt ! flat on his back he landed.

Apparantly a Peter Kay top bombing would have scored more points !:lolol: :lolol:

Last edited:

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
tinx said:
We got robbed in that last night the british pair got well tight marking by the judges for decent dives whereas other teams had wors edives and got better scores so we ended up fifth if the judges had been a bit more generous we'd have scraped a bronze.

They all basically conspired to give the gold to greece. The Chinese had it sewn up and f***ed it on the last dive and after that a succession of real f*** ups by all the favorites gifted greece the gold.

I thought that. Some of the Greek dives were quite poor. But the coaching staff were going mad as though they KNEW it would be marked high! Hmmmm...

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The guy explained that it depends where the judges sit as to what they see. If they are directly in line with the swimmers then they can see 100% if they are in sync....if they are slightly off to the side, they cannot...hence the judges nearer to the divers were giving in some instances completely different marks to the ones sitting away.

I thought the Chinese guy must have touched the board, but it was reported this morning that he just could not "spot the water" so he lost co-ordination...it could have been very serious and must have hurt like hell, as anyone who has done a belly flop will confirm. The bloke who hit his feet was also lucky as he could have broke his ankles.

Brilliant Telly though

Anyone see the Japs on the Isometric bar......the Chinese bloke fell off...the coach caught him and got a black eye and a bloody nose for his troubles?

The Japs were superb though

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
dave the gaffer said:
The guy explained that it depends where the judges sit as to what they see. If they are directly in line with the swimmers then they can see 100% if they are in sync....if they are slightly off to the side, they cannot...hence the judges nearer to the divers were giving in some instances completely different marks to the ones sitting away.

I thought the Chinese guy must have touched the board, but it was reported this morning that he just could not "spot the water" so he lost co-ordination...it could have been very serious and must have hurt like hell, as anyone who has done a belly flop will confirm. The bloke who hit his feet was also lucky as he could have broke his ankles.

Brilliant Telly though

Anyone see the Japs on the Isometric bar......the Chinese bloke fell off...the coach caught him and got a black eye and a bloody nose for his troubles?

The Japs were superb though

Yep saw that. What a stupid system it is where a judge sitting in the wrong place can't award full marks?!?!

The is nothing better in the Olympics than when things go wrong! That's what we all watch diving for! We're secretly waiting for them to belly flop or hit the board. Last night we were treated to both and a clown thrown in for good measure!

Marvellous scences!!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Lammy said:
Anyone else been watching this? It's pure class!

Last night some joker managed to get on the diving board! (Didn't actually see this bit but they were talking about it)

A Chinese bloke totally f**ked up his dive and ended up going in on his back!

Another guy hit the board with his feet!

The judges were awarding marks ranging from 4.5 to 8.0!! cRaZy!

Yes but did either of these two divers say anything riude or make a rude gesture ?

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Re: Re: Syncronised diving!

bhaexpress said:
Yes but did either of these two divers say anything riude or make a rude gesture ?

No if they did by christ I would have booed them!

:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here