Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Swindow v Albion phone-in thread *** OFFICIAL ***

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
Hey there everyone :wave:

Stephen here. I'm hosting the phone-in today from the Brighton Studios after the match.*

Hopefully they'll give me a login account (!) so I can check this thread during the phone-in. On the show, we'll have link ups with the aftergame stuff too, interviews, etc, all that jazz. Whereas typically it is Mike Ward and Richie Reynolds, it's just little old me on my lonesome this afternoon so do feel free to call in, or I'll end up having a one-man on-air aneurysm.

On the plus side though I'm feeling highly emotional after 10 days of solid christmas shows at Komedia so if we win, expect some high-jinx excitement, and if not, expect some genuine live depression. Either way, suppressing any swearing will be a toughie.

Anyway, get in touch, even if you just want to complain about me, let alone the game. In fact, especially get in touch if that's your beef, because after the sort of inebriated Christmas crowds I've been entertaining of late, it'll be a comparitive joy.

So...

08459 570057 if you want to talk to me
07786 207070 on the texts
twitter.com/BBCSussexSport if you want to follow the BBC and twitter.com/stephencgrant if you want to follow me instead :)

or just post in this thread and if it's not too offensive, I'll read that out too. It might be my last time on the phone-in too, so if you're listening, Merry Christmas. :)

Stephen

* which bodes well - my record on Albion wins when I do the phone-in is pretty good.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Hey there everyone :wave:

Stephen here. I'm hosting the phone-in today from the Brighton Studios after the match.*

Hopefully they'll give me a login account (!) so I can check this thread during the phone-in. On the show, we'll have link ups with the aftergame stuff too, interviews, etc, all that jazz. Whereas typically it is Mike Ward and Richie Reynolds, it's just little old me on my lonesome this afternoon so do feel free to call in, or I'll end up having a one-man on-air aneurysm.

On the plus side though I'm feeling highly emotional after 10 days of solid christmas shows at Komedia so if we win, expect some high-jinx excitement, and if not, expect some genuine live depression. Either way, suppressing any swearing will be a toughie.

Anyway, get in touch, even if you just want to complain about me, let alone the game. In fact, especially get in touch if that's your beef, because after the sort of inebriated Christmas crowds I've been entertaining of late, it'll be a comparitive joy.

So...

08459 570057 if you want to talk to me
07786 207070 on the texts
twitter.com/BBCSussexSport if you want to follow the BBC and twitter.com/stephencgrant if you want to follow me instead :)

or just post in this thread and if it's not too offensive, I'll read that out too. It might be my last time on the phone-in too, so if you're listening, Merry Christmas. :)

Stephen

* which bodes well - my record on Albion wins when I do the phone-in is pretty good.

Hey Comedy Steve, you're already smarter than any phone-in host who's gone before. None of them was bright enough to post the numbers to call on here. They just gabbled them WAY too fast on air.

Still think Comedy Defence will be a hard act to follow though. Good luck with that! :lol:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Swindow, sweet CHARIOT!

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
It might be my last time on the phone-in too,

Why is that Steve? Are you concerned about the possible swearing or about the possible aneurysm?

This household always enjoys the wit in your phone-ins and podcasts. Keep 'em going and have a good show.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
If they do insist on swearing, cut the w***ers off.

This ain't 5Live, you know.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Can we please get rid of the screechy voiced 'Sophia'? Her reading the texts and emails is torture.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Can we please get rid of the screechy voiced 'Sophia'? Her reading the texts and emails is torture.

I have met Sophia many times, she is really lovelly!!!

:love:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Did she just say "the eagles"?

And tell the traffic bloke it's BRIGHTON ROAD, Shoreham.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Excellent phone in tonight. Steve is a knowledgeable supporter and very good on the radio.
Now it has ended I will add I thought that was the best phone in we have had since Harty left. Great host and all callers made valid points well.
Thanks BBC

Last edited:

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
i only caught a bit, but the best bit about it, Mike Ward WASNT on there

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here