Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Swearing

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I used to like swearing as much as the next man but recently have found that sometimes I find it quite ugly. IS there something wrong with me? Am I getting old or going a bit gay or something?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
blimey Chappers you're getting old faster than me..and you're what...4 years younger!

They're only words IMO, its part of life, DEAL with it :thumbsup:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Im not a fan either, however im sure many more swear words slip out of my mouth than i think.

I hate it when women swear..........

Hungry Joe.

Mar 5, 2004
British Upper Beeding
It's all down to context with swearing. A c**t in some circumstances is funny and in others it's ugly. Same with f***; when it's used as every other word it loses something. I like to stay 'damn and blast' quite a lot but sometimes I get sent to bed early.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Swearing is pikey chappers, I think your just realising your better than that !!

virgirlo

Jun 2, 2004
London
i like to say piss and bloody and bugger, but try and restrict it to that!
swearing can lose its emphasis if over used. even worse when you hear kids swearing.:nono:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The announcer at London Bridge station swears all the time.......the next train will stop at ..............east croydon:eek:

I tell you using language like that on a platform.

Absolutelydisfeckinggusting:censored: :censored: :censored:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I used to swear loads, now I just swear quite a lot, I just can't help it, its second nature a lot of the time, although I do try and curb it , at work and with certain relatives etc and am very much aware of when I do swear in those situations

but down the pub etc . . . .it just flows

bollocks, thats such a great word !:clap:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
For some reason I find (livin oop north) Southerners do tend to swear more the people up here, I swear without realising when I'm with me mates etc, it just the way I speak.

It is never used in threatening manner but just as part of my conversation.

Unigeeza

Aug 22, 2003
It is all about the context you use it in!.

If you are the gypo pikey type then context does not mean a thing so you swear all the time no matter what and who you are with.

However, for us non-inbreds, swearing is used, in the right circumstances, to convey emotions like anger, or can be used in the right circumstances to make something funny or to stress a point or to express dis-taste for someone or something.

Swearing is not a problem

Bobby's Gull

DAFT Bint
Jul 6, 2003
Bed
The Northstander said:
For some reason I find (livin oop north) Southerners do tend to swear more the people up here,

I tend to find the opposite really, all my family being scousers on my mum's side especially and with a couple of cousins every other word is feck etc. I find it amusing especially with the Liverpudlian accent!

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Unigeeza said:
It is all about the context you use it in!.

If you are the gypo pikey type then context does not mean a thing so you swear all the time no matter what and who you are with.

However, for us non-inbreds, swearing is used, in the right circumstances, to convey emotions like anger, or can be used in the right circumstances to make something funny or to stress a point or to express dis-taste for someone or something.

Swearing is not a problem

I agree

I also agree with the Northstander to a point re the North south thing.

For me there is nothing uglier than some nasty pikey Laaaandaner swearing every other word. And I swear a lot, so I'm being a hypocrite but people like that...their accent just hurts.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
It just shows a poor vocalbury, no ,vcalbyrury, vucablurry? Oh:censored: it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here