Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sven has settled in at City

I see they are sinking down like a thing that doesn't float very good.

Sven is proving his managerial worth in the English league then, and for all those who said he was an excellent England man - it's looking like Q.E.D. to the contrary.

I can't see Swain Boring turning them around big-style.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I think, in actual fact, they exceeded expectations early on and it is now catching up on them. He has only had 29 league games in charge and they have already beaten last seasons points tally. These things take time and managers should not be judged by the yardstick of many trigger happy chairmen.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
I think, in actual fact, they exceeded expectations early on and it is now catching up on them. He has only had 29 league games in charge and they have already beaten last seasons points tally. These things take time and managers should not be judged by the yardstick of many trigger happy chairmen.

quite agree with that - he has rebuilt the side, and for them to be turned from relegation candidates to a team in europe would have been nothing short of remarkable

federicoed-up

Feb 7, 2008
He has done a remarkable job considering all things. However their slip down the league since Christmas is due to the way they are now playing football, compared to the start of the season. They, along with Arsenal, were the best footballing side in September/October, now they never look like scoring and play a lot of long ball football.

If Sven can get them back to passing and moving, and bring in a couple more quality players next year, they'll be pushing for the Champions League.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
hes shite, plays boring football.
but another 50 million should help in the summer..

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
They've done the double over Utd this season.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
but another 50 million should help in the summer..

I'm just reminded of all the threads on here during January when we debated who we might buy to stop the slide down the table. And we were thrilled that we were able to find £300k to buy a player. We really are involved in a different game outside the Prem/Championship aren't we!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here