Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Notts have all but secured the title anyway, they are playing out of their skins. This season has been relatively succesful and with a couple of signings over the winter we will again be in a position to push for the Championship. This game isn't over anyway, with our bowling line up we've always got a chance.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Notts have all but secured the title anyway, they are playing out of their skins. This season has been relatively succesful and with a couple of signings over the winter we will again be in a position to push for the Championship. This game isn't over anyway, with our bowling line up we've always got a chance.

Who do you suggest? Will we lose Rana to the test series?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
We will lose Rana for a couple of months and hopefully we'll have another bowler in. I'd like to see a West Indian down here. Corey Collymore would be sweet.

As for home players we need another bowler and a top order batsman. God knows who, we'll need to see who becomes available.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Perry Milkins said:
Who do you suggest? Will we lose Rana to the test series?

Need another top order batsman. Due to the disgraceful decision to allow Ambrose to leave we need some cover behind the stumps and cover for Lewry. Also we need to get an overseas player tied up for the second half of the season, unless we can convince Pakistan that Rana is crap or fake his death and bring him back as an EU player...

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
The trouble is we are not in the 'top' bracket for wages. I am sure that the infrastructure has improved and that the Cama funding has or is being well spent yet I cannot hep feeling we are still the poor boys in this league.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Uncle Buck said:
Need another top order batsman. Due to the disgraceful decision to allow Ambrose to leave we need some cover behind the stumps and cover for Lewry. Also we need to get an overseas player tied up for the second half of the season, unless we can convince Pakistan that Rana is crap or fake his death and bring him back as an EU player...

Tell me more about Ambrose. I did not know this. What on earth happenned?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Perry Milkins said:

He was told he could look for another club.

Rdidculous. If he found his form with the bat he'd be pushing Jones for the England gloves.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Perry Milkins said:

He has basically said he wants to leave as he wants to wicketkeep and Sussex have made no effort to convince him otherwise. He has the potential to be a top keeper and the chances or rightly or wrongly, we will lose Prior to England at some time, so we need cover.

Regarding wages, we are now the most cash rich county, I think.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Uncle Buck said:
He has basically said he wants to leave as he wants to wicketkeep and Sussex have made no effort to convince him otherwise. He has the potential to be a top keeper and the chances or rightly or wrongly, we will lose Prior to England at some time, so we need cover.

Regarding wages, we are now the most cash rich county, I think.

That is bloody short sighted!!

Shame we could not attract KP to hove then.

what about enticing Harmy or FF?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here