Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**Sussex v Kent, Arundel, 13:45, CB40, 16-07***

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Anyone over that way, whats the chance of play. Decided not to head over last night when I saw the weather forecast.

I heard it is free today and they have the torch going through the town this afternoon.

I cannot find any team news as yet.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Crap weather in BN43 at well, really getting bored of this rain now

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
You may be pleased to know that it looks like summer might be arriving next week.

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Really f up the cricket season so far, could see the 20 20 final in Cardiff being decided by a Mascot Derby at this rate. At least its affecting everyone this season and not just Lancashire

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Really f up the cricket season so far, could see the 20 20 final in Cardiff being decided by a Mascot Derby at this rate. At least its affecting everyone this season and not just Lancashire

If that's the case, and its wet, bet on our shark !

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Good news we have a team to pick from

Amjad Khan
WAT Beer
BC Brown (wkt)
JS Gatting
MW Goodwin
Naveed Arif Gondal
EC Joyce
CJ Liddle
CD Nash
MS Panesar
LWP Wells
KO Wernars
LJ Wright
MH Yardy (c)

Bad news is this club update

There is still light rain currently at the Arundel Castle Ground and the outfield remains damp after the weekend's rain.

Prospects of play are low and we will update further in an hour, however the teams have arrived and the Umpires are keen to give it as long as possible to maximise any chance of play.

Admission today is FREE, other than car parking which is £5 for Members, and £10 for Non Members.

As for Sid, could take any Mascot going even that stupid Spitfire, just so not a Mascot

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Why does my fixture card show that this is being played at Canterbury?

It was switched over because of the JLS concert on August Bank Holiday, then it had to be moved to Arundel because of the Olympic Torch. I was a bit annoyed to be missing it so part of me is quite glad it's going to be rained off.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
You may be pleased to know that it looks like summer might be arriving next week.
What are your grounds for this frankly ludicrous assertion...? Details please.

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
12.30PM UPDATE:

There will be an inspection at 1.30pm ahead of Sussex Sharks' Clydesdale Bank 40 match against Kent Spitfires at Arundel. There is still light rain currently at the Arundel Castle Ground and the outfield remains damp after the weekend's rain.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Next rain cloud coming over, no breaks, in any of them.

Proper rain not even drizzle, but it isn't pi$$ing down.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
What are your grounds for this frankly ludicrous assertion...? Details please.

Run this forecast forward:

Meteociel - Modèle Numérique ECMWF CEP

also, although not showing wall to wall high pressure, the GFS also supports a pressure rise to our South West.

http://modeles.meteociel.fr/modeles/gens/graphe_ens4.php?x=308&y=194&ext=1&run=6&runpara=0

And potentially much higher temperatures:

http://176.31.229.228/modeles/gens/graphe_ens4.php?temp=1&x=308&y=194&ext=1&run=6&runpara=0

(plus not a lot of rainfall forecast)

The key change from now is the shift of the jet stream about 300 miles to the north, allowing the Azores high to migrate Eastwards to sit either over France or southern UK. This would mean that Sussex (and the whole of the south) would be either under or close to high pressure for much of the time.

I'm keeping a close eye on this at the moment, to see if it firms up across the 3 main model forecasts (ECMWF, UKMO & GFS).

If you follow me on twitter, I do tweet updates on the outlook on a semi-regular basis.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Run this forecast forward:

Meteociel - Modèle Numérique ECMWF CEP

also, although not showing wall to wall high pressure, the GFS also supports a pressure rise to our South West.

http://modeles.meteociel.fr/modeles/gens/graphe_ens4.php?x=308&y=194&ext=1&run=6&runpara=0

And potentially much higher temperatures:

http://176.31.229.228/modeles/gens/graphe_ens4.php?temp=1&x=308&y=194&ext=1&run=6&runpara=0

(plus not a lot of rainfall forecast)

The key change from now is the shift of the jet stream about 300 miles to the north, allowing the Azores high to migrate Eastwards to sit either over France or southern UK. This would mean that Sussex (and the whole of the south) would be either under or close to high pressure for much of the time.

I'm keeping a close eye on this at the moment, to see if it firms up across the 3 main model forecasts (ECMWF, UKMO & GFS).

If you follow me on twitter, I do tweet updates on the outlook on a semi-regular basis.
Brilliant - looks promising. On a related note, I signed up recently to the "Will it Rain Today" website as I find myself ever more obsessed this "summer"... they want £3 a month for current radars - do you know if the same information is available free anywhere...?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
It was switched over because of the JLS concert on August Bank Holiday, then it had to be moved to Arundel because of the Olympic Torch. I was a bit annoyed to be missing it so part of me is quite glad it's going to be rained off.

Presumably not the part of you that notices that we could easily fail to qualify despite the fact we have won every game we have played

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Brilliant - looks promising. On a related note, I signed up recently to the "Will it Rain Today" website as I find myself ever more obsessed this "summer"... they want £3 a month for current radars - do you know if the same information is available free anywhere...?

Will it Rain Today? | Rain radar for the UK | Going to rain? | MeteoGroup which I beleive is the site you refer to above do provide 15 mins delayed updates (updated every 15 minutes) free of charge. There's no-where that I know of that provide live radar info free, as they all have to pay for the live data, so will always charge.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Match abandoned

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Match abandoned

Today's Clydesdale Bank 40 match between Sussex Sharks and Kent Spitfires at the Arundel Castle Ground has been abandoned without a ball being bowled.

The decision was made shortly before the scheduled start time of 1.45pm today following heavy rain over the weekend and more this morning.

The next action for Sussex is on Wednesday when the Arundel Festival of Cricket will begin with an LV=County Championship match against Durham (11.00am start).

Both Sussex and Kent receive 1 point for the abandonment, which sees the Sharks move top of Group C.

Lets hope the weather improves for the proper game starting on Wednesday

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Presumably not the part of you that notices that we could easily fail to qualify despite the fact we have won every game we have played

That is indeed why I said "part of me".

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Proper pi$$ing down now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here