Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex v Gloucestershire Pro40,sun 9th august

the viscount

May 15, 2008
hove by the sea
Sussex should have Yasir Arafat available when they bid to return to the top of the Pro40 League tomorrow.

The Pakistan pace bowler is missing from the Championship game against Nottinghamshire which finishes today after he was hit on the right index finger during net practice at Durham last week.

The Sharks take on Gloucestershire Gladiators for the fourth time in one-day cricket this season at Horsham (1.45pm) having won both games in defence of their Pro40 title.

A third win would take them above Durham Dynamos, who gained top spot on Thursday when they hammered Worcestershire Royals by 145 runs.

Skipper Mike Yardy is happy with the start of Sussex’s title defence but insists they can still improve.

He said: “We have played some good cricket in all the one-day competitions this season but we are always looking at ways of getting even better.

“In our two Pro40 games so far we have not quite been at our best but still found ways of winning. That is what a successful side does but there is definitely room for improvement.”

Sussex (probable): Joyce, Nash, Wright, Goodwin, Yardy, Smith, Hamilton-Brown, Arafat, Hodd, Martin-Jenkins, Kirtley.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Browns a bloody good player with bat and ball,but i seriously cant remember him getting out any other way than being stumped this season,he probably has but its annoying to keep seeing him chuck his wicket.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
5 mins ago the BBC Sport site had Glouces as 166-6.

They've now updated it to 167-6 !

Edit: scrub that. It's now 169-6

shwoody1

May 18, 2009
lewes
Browns a bloody good player with bat and ball,but i seriously cant remember him getting out any other way than being stumped this season,he probably has but its annoying to keep seeing him chuck his wicket.

agreed needs someone to have a word if he takes it on board he has a big future. i wish i had an ounce of his talent! by the way is it me or do we seem to be in abit of a hurry!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Now 83/1 off 11........getting ready for the 20/20's!

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
We're cleary using this as a 'training' session for Saturday...Of course, if we would have lost some early wickets then we would have calmed down a bit, but yeah.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here