Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sussex University ANPR

wealdgull

NSC Patron
Dec 7, 2017
(All of my posts seem to be about car parking, how boring.)

Buried in my last car parking email was the following little nugget:

"Please note that the University of Sussex have an Automatic Number Plate Recognition system in place and putting the incorrect vehicle registration number risks you getting a Parking Charge Notice. If the vehicle you are bringing changes between now and the fixture, please contact us as early as possible."

I think that this is new, although I may just have missed it in the past. But for those of you parking at the University (car park C) and have multiple cars (or filled in your registration details incorrectly) it's something to bear in mind.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
(All of my posts seem to be about car parking, how boring.)

Buried in my last car parking email was the following little nugget:

"Please note that the University of Sussex have an Automatic Number Plate Recognition system in place and putting the incorrect vehicle registration number risks you getting a Parking Charge Notice. If the vehicle you are bringing changes between now and the fixture, please contact us as early as possible."

I think that this is new, although I may just have missed it in the past. But for those of you parking at the University (car park C) and have multiple cars (or filled in your registration details incorrectly) it's something to bear in mind.
Yes it's new for this season. 1901ers who have parking spots have to register a number plate this season. Can be done on a game by game basis though so if you give them to guests or use a different car its not an issue. Just a little bit more of a faff.

Should give the club the ability to know exactly how many spaces they need on a game by game basis and possibly mean there could be parking spots going on sale last minute??

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Yes it's new for this season. 1901ers who have parking spots have to register a number plate this season. Can be done on a game by game basis though so if you give them to guests or use a different car its not an issue. Just a little bit more of a faff.

Should give the club the ability to know exactly how many spaces they need on a game by game basis and possibly mean there could be parking spots going on sale last minute??
Interesting. How are they doing that? Through the ticket site somehow, because when I was in 1901 you supplied the reg at the start of the year there was no game by game.

medwayseagull reborn

Oct 12, 2022
Interesting. How are they doing that? Through the ticket site somehow, because when I was in 1901 you supplied the reg at the start of the year there was no game by game.
It is the transfer ticket function. You just tick the car parking box for that match and a box appears asking for the reg no.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Nothing like giving scam parking companies such as OPS even more money. :facepalm: You'd think organisations with decent reps such as Sussex Uni and BHA would have learned not to do business with them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here