Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex Twenty20 Season Tickets

Sussex have released a new Twenty20 Cup season ticket for the 2008 campaign.

There will be more home Twenty20 matches than ever before with Sussex Sharks now hosting five rivals at Hove.

The ticket is for all five group games for members and non-members at £34 and £64 respectively, which represents a saving of up to £66.

Sussex chief executive Gus Mackay said: "The 20-over format of the game is growing in popularity and we are delighted to offer a convenient and good value way to ensure customers can secure their tickets to these sold out games well in advance. We are looking forward to more sell-out crowds at Hove this summer."

The season ticket will be available to buy in the new year but a voucher can be purchased before Christmas by calling 0871 282 200.

Sussex's Twenty20 2008 home fixtures: June 13: Hampshire; June 17: Essex; June 22: Surrey; June 25: Middlesex; June 27: Kent.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now here's a Commercial Dept being pro-active - over 6 months before the first game.
I know cricket isn't everyone's sport of choice but is this VFM or what!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
How can SCCC do this so early when BHAFC struggle to get the ST out in time for the start of the season, and also require payment 5 months in advance.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
One of them seems to be considerably better at this than the other.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
A bit unfair, the fixtures have been out for some weeks now. They make ticket arrangements about a month after the fixtures come out - that's on par with BHA.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
My initial thought was what a fantastic idea this is, but having thought about it the twenty20 games normally sell out anyway so surely they are costing themselves revenue. Don't get me wrong I'll still be getting one, it just seems a bit odd.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
will consider getting one of these, despite my HATRED of twenty20

Football League fixtures come out in June, our season tickets usually arrive mid to latter part of August just in time for kick off.

BG: I've never been an STH but is the 'season ticket' you get essentially a book containing a printed ticket for each FL game? I'd always assumed you get something like the membership card that SCCC do but with your seat number printed on it?
Reason for asking is that I don't understand why actually issuing the STs seems dependant upon the date that the FL fixtures are published.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I don't recall the Albion ever 'struggling' to get their season tickets out. They've ALWAYS been on time for me.

In fact, this year, seeing as my application said that I will collect the ticket, as soon as I walked into the shop, the young lady started printing the tickets for me - unbidden. That's service.

There is also the small point that the Albion have from early July (when the fixtures are finalised) until early August to print 3,500 - 4,000 tickets. Sussex don't have even remotely that issue to deal with, even though they're asking for money seven months in advance.

Last edited:

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
I'll be interested to see how quickly Sussex get my membership out to me, after taking the direct debit in January, which is what they've promised to do.

I think it's great that they haven't put up membership costs hugely to take in admission to twenty-twenty games as well. Cricket purists like me simply can't be bothered with them.

Although I might go to the one at Lord's, which is, er, considerably nearer my house.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I probably wont need to get tickets for this... :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here