Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex ccc,turning point of the season.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
After a couple of days to 'sober-up' after our superb win,what for you was the turning point of season ? For me Monty's 195 in the 2nd innings v Warwickshire. :bowdown:

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I think Adams coming back was fundamental, but during the season the turning point was without doubt

Tuesday, 31 July 2007
LV County Championship - Division One
Lancashire: 301 & 133
Sussex: 274 & 268
Sussex beat Lancashire by 108 runs

we had no right to win this, and we never beat Lancashire away, but maybe the only good thing Liverpool is good for was this game

I think if we had won the 20/20 we would have lost the Championship too

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
A big turning point was the closure of Bob Woolmer's death and the announcement that he died of natural causes and the 250 run partnership by Grizzly and Murray to save the game vs Surrey.

I think Adams coming back was fundamental, but during the season the turning point was without doubt

Tuesday, 31 July 2007

we had no right to win this, and we never beat Lancashire away, but maybe the only good thing Liverpool is good for was this game

aye!

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

Tuesday, 31 July 2007

Agreed, but thrashing Durham at Horsham, with Adams getting nearly 200 was brilliant. From what I can remember of that weekend anyway.:drink:

unnameable

Feb 25, 2004
Oxford/Lancing
Avoiding defeat, having followed on, v Surrey in game 4. We had lost by an innings in the two previous games. A third consecutive heavy defeat might have been too much to come back from.

unnameable

Feb 25, 2004
Oxford/Lancing
The good thing about Sussex winning the County Championship is that we get six long months in which to gloat and generally bask in the glory. If Albion were to taste success - heaven forbid! - we would get about six weeks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here