Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

sussex ccc ! points to win Div 2

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
How on earth can you tell? Too much depends on the weather.

I think 214 won it for Kent last year though.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Kent won it with 219 last year. They were a good 20-30 points clear of the rest.

Points are different this year: 5 batting, 3 bowling, 16 for the win, 8 for tie, 3 for draw. (2009: 14 for win and 4 for draw), so slightly benefits teams winning matches. For example Kent would have had 16 more bonus points (8 wins) using this year's scoring.

So based on last year, around 240 looks like the target.

Edit: not sure why you are asking thew quesion. As a SCCC supporter it is entirely hypothetical since we won't go past 100 if we are lucky.

May 22, 2008
Kent won it with 219 last year. They were a good 20-30 points clear of the rest.

Points are different this year: 5 batting, 3 bowling, 16 for the win, 8 for tie, 3 for draw. (2009: 14 for win and 4 for draw), so slightly benefits teams winning matches. For example Kent would have had 16 more bonus points (8 wins) using this year's scoring.

So based on last year, around 240 looks like the target.

Edit: not sure why you are asking thew quesion. As a SCCC supporter it is entirely hypothetical since we won't go past 100 if we are lucky.[/QUOTI

WE ARE NOT THAT BAD ! lets make it 4 from 4

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
After this appalling start to the season, I'd be happy if we can crawl past 100 pts.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I think it is more informative to look at the number of wins necessary. 8 for Kent last year is a good indication, though I would suggest that 9 or 10 may be needed this year with the higher points for a win and the outlawing of the rolling the pitch between innings.

So obviously Sussex are doomed, the three wins we have all ready mean we have used all our luck too early in the season.

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
Ludicrous speculation. This Sussex side is bereft of talent, tactically the captain is moribund and the side packed with village cricketers and, old men and untried spotty children.

We will have points deducted for the dreadful Hove track, we will be forced to give 40 points to lancashire becuase they have the divine right to win everything.

Next season we will be playing Hartfield, Colemans Hatch and the other sides in the Mid Sussex Stoner League.

IF WE ARE LUCKY.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here