Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex CC Plans given the OK

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Bloody hell. Planning application. Good news. That's rare.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Sussex County Cricket Club are delighted to announce that they have received planning to develop their Hove ground.

At a Council meeting today, Wednesday 4 April, the councillors were minded to grant the application subject to certain conditions being met.

Gus Mackay, Sussex Chief Executive, said ‘This is wonderful news for the Club. We have been an integral part of this community for 167 years and we really did not relish the idea of having to move due to development restrictions. The Council’s decision has ensured that the most successful cricket club of recent times can now remain in its true home and I am sure that this will be greeted with delight by all our Members and supporters.

‘I would like to thank the Council’s Planning Committee members for supporting our application for what will be a fantastic facility not only for the Club but for Brighton and Hove. I’d also like to thank all our followers who have promoted our plans by forwarding their support to the Council. This will allow the Club to move forward in a positive manner enabling us to focus on maximising The County Ground’s potential – we can’t wait to get started!’

do we know what the "certain conditions" are that need to be met.

First one should be to knock the Gilligan stand down IMHO and to make it a "Harveys only" facility.

No Orangeboom here sonny Jim

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
This was granted with small conditions
The votes went in favour for us 11-1
with mr pennington the only person against it

Bob Carden - the former mayor, said he doesnt want another goldstone situation or take another professional sport away from the city:clap:

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Excellent news!

I'm not a huge cricket fan and have only seen Sussex a few times before, but I was waiting all day for this announcement.

Echoing Bob Carden's view, I'd have hated to see another sporting club forced out of the city.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here