Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surface to air missles maybe used for protection at the London Olympics

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Hardly surprising given London will be numero uno terrorist target when the games are on.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Although i enjoy watching most sports I was not in favour of us holding the Olympics at a time when the country is cutting back on numerous projects, to gain acceptance the cost just like the Dome was nowhere near the real figure and of course was then revised,the security charges are huge but will not stop those who are prepared to give their lives for the cause.
The average man in the street has not been very successful in obtaining seats for the top events as they have gone to the corporate brigade,however Seb Coe announced that we would all be turning out to watch the `Flame` being carried en-route to the stadium,well i suppose we must be satisfied with that.
What does concern me is that at this late date the sudden decision to bring in Surface to air missiles would seem to indicate that the Security elite have received information that has alarmed them.
In view of the cost and risk most of us will see the events on TV the same as if they had been held elsewhere.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Oh what would I give for a malfunction.

[yt]n0cJlv_Dz3k[/yt]

Apologies for repost, but it's worth it.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Well they are really going to scare of the waves of suicide bombers with those aint they?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Although i enjoy watching most sports I was not in favour of us holding the Olympics at a time when the country is cutting back on numerous projects, to gain acceptance the cost just like the Dome was nowhere near the real figure and of course was then revised,the security charges are huge but will not stop those who are prepared to give their lives for the cause.
The average man in the street has not been very successful in obtaining seats for the top events as they have gone to the corporate brigade,however Seb Coe announced that we would all be turning out to watch the `Flame` being carried en-route to the stadium,well i suppose we must be satisfied with that.
What does concern me is that at this late date the sudden decision to bring in Surface to air missiles would seem to indicate that the Security elite have received information that has alarmed them.
In view of the cost and risk most of us will see the events on TV the same as if they had been held elsewhere.

Why do you think it is a sudden decision?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here