Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Suppose Dick Knight decided he'd had enough

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
of chasing the Falmer dream, and to be honest I really couldn't blame him. If he stepped down and walked away are you confident someone else would step in and carry the battle on?

I only ask because there doesn't appear to be too many people thrusting themselves forward to get involved with all these seemingly never ending hurdles.

This scenario, to me, is far more worrying than what division we are in next year, or how many strikers and managers have told us to piss off.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Yes, that is a very worrying scenario, but to come this far and give up doesn't seem like the Dick we know. I assume they are fully committed until we hear otherwise.

For Norman Baker to say that they are not risking Brightons future and he wants them in an alternative site, is a pack of lies. Something that I have come to expect from this odious chap.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Hopefully it wont happen as he is a real fan and been watching the team since before most of us were born. Cue Ernest.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
All you need to worry about with Dick Knight is his health. He is a chain smoker by all accounts, wonder what he worries about?

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
I hope he does f*** off! Someone is bound to take over, and they are unlikely to be as tight/skint as Knight. They may also be able to attract other investors. Knight is long past his sell-by date.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Stinky Kat said:
All you need to worry about with Dick Knight is his health. He is a chain smoker by all accounts, wonder what he worries about?
I would say his main worry is those xxxxs at LDC intent on killing our club.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
No chance. The man has too much pride. Something distinctly lacking in football these days.

I know he's not perfect but he has plenty of determination and will see this club through to it's promised land.

Dick Knight

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
3gulls said:
I hope he does f*** off! Someone is bound to take over, and they are unlikely to be as tight/skint as Knight. They may also be able to attract other investors. Knight is long past his sell-by date.

Oh yeah they are simply BOUND to be falling over themselves to get involved with us.

- pisspot ground
- huge legal bills trying to get a new one
- headaches of financing / building Falmer if we survive long enough to get there.
- current debts to finance
- fanbase that is struggling to fill the tiny groudn we currently have
- supporters who complain that the board never spend enough money.

Yep, if they could all start forming a queue please.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003

Now I hope that is some kind of joke?

"Someone is bound to take over" - Yeah sure they'll be knocking the door down wont they! No money, no stadium and a bunch of moaning so called fans. What a dream world you must live in.

How much trouble did we have to get this far from the days of the Goldstone, do you honestly think someone will step in and give us millions??

Honestly :rolleyes: :( :nono:

Last edited:

Not being on the ground there, I remember reading an article in the online Argus about another millionaire local businessman (in construction I think) who was also looking to put $$$ into Falmer when it comes. Not sure if he is part of the DK's alliance?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
AMelbourneAlbionSupporter said:
Not being on the ground there, I remember reading an article in the online Argus about another millionaire local businessman (in construction I think) who was also looking to put $$$ into Falmer when it comes. Not sure if he is part of the DK's alliance?

I think you are referring to Derek Chapman, a Director on the board. He is the founder of Adenstar, a building company.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I can't see Dick ever walking away from the Albion. Look at the wreck of a club he picked up after A****r & Co raped the club and f***ed off with his pound of flesh. Things arn't exactly ideal right now, but compared with the dark days of 97/98, we're absolutely FLYING.

We're fortunate to have a fan as a chairman, who had the determination and drive to bring the club he supports back to Brighton AND put together a credible planning application to secure our future. The blokes a bona-fide Albion hero (not that you'd know it from some of the SHITE you see on here sometimes).

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
This is the shittiest job in football for the manager and the chairman. Both are bloody hero's in my book. Some people need to take a reality check.

LDC and Norman Baker WANT BRIGHTON & HOVE ALBION FC TO DIE. Do not listen to their pack of lies about wanting the club. LDC, FALMER PARISH and NORMAN BAKER will celebrate like never before

if we go down
if the verdict goes against us
if we die

I hate every single one of them and am just about resisting the temptation to do something rash.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I dont think Dick would pack it in just yet. But if this drags on and on then he just might. Which I think is what LDCs action is all about. They hope that by dragging this on that Dick wont have the stomach for it and also that no other saviour is out there.

Now, I dont think delays on its own would make Dick quit, but I'll tell you one thing that might. And that is constant carping from the fans.

If the minority that abuse Dick Knight gets larger and more vocal and I mean at matches (and it sometimes does when a team loses), then he just might think stuff this.

I really do not think that some of our supporters realise the precaurious position we are in. The fact that we are in the championship is masking things. Without Falmer kiss goodbye to the Albion and all of our dreams. And Falmer will only happen with Dick Knight.

To be honest yes losing every week does get me down, but thats just transitory. I just dream of playing in a proper stadium and then we can really progress. Infact the never say die spirit of this club and what we have achieved when so severly handicapped, well if Reading can get into the Premireship then so can we.

So my point is, get behind the team, (MM included, booing him affects the team), get behind DK. That will keep him here and sod off to LDC.

Together we will never be defeated.

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
DIFFBROOK said:
well if Reading can get into the Premireship then so can we.

We can if we get a real Chairman with money to put into getting a real ground (with plans for expansion), and the team. Oh, and a decent Manager like Coppell would help!

Half of the problem with our ground, is that we are fighting for Falmer because it will be relatively cheap and gets the best hand-outs!

We know there is good support for us getting a new ground. If we tried to build it somewhere less controversial, we would have it by now. But because Knight has no real money, he cannot fund a ground in a different place.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
People are concerned about this impending High Court Judicial Review because all they are hearing is CPRE-this, SDJC-that, Lewes District Council/Falmer Parish Council etc etc. They are shouting their mouths off because they are shit-scared.

The government's solicitors (and the Albion's) are working like nutters to ensure that this decision is not overturned, racking up a huge bill which Lewes are going to have to pay, even though they stupidly say they won't.

I can't make this any clearer, Prescott wants Falmer to happen.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
3gulls said:
We can if we get a real Chairman with money to put into getting a real ground (with plans for expansion), and the team. Oh, and a decent Manager like Coppell would help!

Half of the problem with our ground, is that we are fighting for Falmer because it will be relatively cheap and gets the best hand-outs!

We know there is good support for us getting a new ground. If we tried to build it somewhere less controversial, we would have it by now. But because Knight has no real money, he cannot fund a ground in a different place.
That is just about the stupidest post I have read for ages and completely at odds with any sense of reality. Has the public inquiry COMPLETELY passed you by? Where is your 'less controversial' site?

Or are you 1066/Van Der Meyde in disguise?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here