Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Support Eastbourne's Joe Townsend

andyebfc1

Feb 4, 2009
This petition is to support Royal Marine Joe Townsend with the ongoing process of him getting a special adapted bungalow out with his family in Pevensey.

After losing both legs to an anti-tank mine while serving with the 40 Commando based at Helmand Province in Afghanistan, Joe is trying to rebuild his life.

Joe is a strong and determined person who is proud to be in the Marines. He deserved to be a Marine and would always give 110% in anything he did. Despite losing both legs, Joe still remains upbeat and optimistic.

To help Joe become more independent and closer to his family, his grandad decided to build a specially adapted bungalow on his own land to help Joe.The plans for his bungalow, which would have had a treatment room, a bedroom for a carer and an en- suite bathroom, were drawn up for free by an architect who wanted to thank Joe for his sacrifice.

But the council disagreed. A spokesman for Wealden Council said: “The circumstances in this case are not considered sufficient to warrant an exception to the usual restraint policies.” She also said Joe’s bungalow would be "intrusive" and breach planning laws even though no neighbours objected.

Petition to: overturn the decision by Wealden District Council to refuse planning permission for a purpose built home for Marine Joe Townsend, who lost both legs in Afghanistan. | Number10.gov.uk

Please sign and help Joe Townsend get the bungalow he deserves!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Many, many people have registered their opposing views with regards to the extra runway at Heathrow and were blindly ignored. No-one has registered their disgust at this planning application, but it has been thrown out.

Whilst I think that this petition will be fruitless (dangerous precedent etc etc), I have signed all the same.

Oh and I was reading about Townsend the other day. Hero is bandied about far too much with our media, but anyone that is willing to risk life or limb for the greater good, is a hero in my eyes.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Done :thumbsup:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Sorry. Back garden developments are a no no.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Sorry. Back garden developments are a no no.

It's on his OWN land - he should be able to do what the hell he likes with it. Anyway, it isn't like he wants to build a brothel or something, it's to build a home for him, so that he can be close to his family, and at the same time promoting his own independence and dignity.

Signed.

Lamps

Dec 30, 2008
Tenterden, Kent.
DONE!

Not meaning to take anything away from this post but I'm currently serving in Afghanistan and believe me alot of brave stuff happens day in day out over here, which will never see the light of day back home. Joe's needs should not even have to be questioned with his sacrifice and the ultimate price he's had to pay.

Sorry, rant over.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
DONE!

Not meaning to take anything away from this post but I'm currently serving in Afghanistan and believe me alot of brave stuff happens day in day out over here, which will never see the light of day back home. Joe's needs should not even have to be questioned with his sacrifice and the ultimate price he's had to pay.

Sorry, rant over.

Agree with you.

Stay safe out there

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Done

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Done.

Thanks to all the Armed Forces, who ever and where ever you are.:clap:

Some people dont support the wars. But we should always support our troops.

Help for Heroes - A charity for the wounded in Britain’s current conflicts

The Poppy Appeal - supporting The Royal British Legion

What sort of fcuking country has to have a charity to look after its injured servicemen whilst sending "aid" to two bob regimes all over the place?

It beggars belief and it makes me absolutely fcuking furious :rant::angry::rant:

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
Voted.

Absolute f***ing joke the way some of the servants of our country get treated while Premier League footballers earn £120,000 a week for playing football.

Disgrace.

folkestonesgull

Oct 8, 2006
folkestone
I can see why if anyone should be allowed to deviate from countryside protection policies its this guy. From a planning law/policy point of view he hasn't got a chance for a seperate house in a field and I can't see the appeal being allowed.

The compromise would be to seek permission for a seperate bungalow annex within the garden of the grandparents property (rather than the field) with a legal agreement to ensure that the 2 properties can't be sold independently of each other.

andyebfc1

Feb 4, 2009
The field they want it in is their grandparents property. They have a few fields behind their house. So any sale of their house would include the two

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
The problem with the planning system in this country is it defaults to no, as we found out over the last decade.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here