Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I wonder how much they paid for that then ? I reckon the NFL sees the UK starting grow again as a market having slid backwards from the eighties heyday. Playing a real NFL game at Wembley was a pretty good idea !

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
It is more than an American sports event - its a flipping American Circus! Although admittedly I have watched it previously when in the US - but more for the adverts in between the 500 tv timeouts - as they're usually pretty good...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The saving grace is that its usually on late enough to pass me by completely.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
f***ing hell, cheer up you miserable lot.

The whole thing about the Superbowl is it's a celebration of all the good things in the US (and yes there are some). Granted Gridiron is not everybody's taste which is quite understandable but the whole thing is not just a game it's a five star celebration of America. Even people who don't like sport watch it as it's almost treasonous not to.

I just wish the games matched the hype but like the FA Cup Final they seldom do.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
It SHOULD be shown in its rightful home of Channel 5

Well yes to a degree I think you're right but from the NFL's point of view they want to reach the widest audience possible and a whole lot of people (is that the correct term Lokki ?) can't get Channel 5.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I\'d like to know how the BBC (a non-advertisement channel) is going to cope with the incessant four-hour advertisement break being broadcast by NBC which is occasionally interrupted by some Gridiron Football.

Theyll just fly Lineker over there to chew the fat with Dana Carvey between plays.

Monkster

Ragamuffin
Jul 7, 2003
The Token Carlisle United Fan
Well yes to a degree I think you're right but from the NFL's point of view they want to reach the widest audience possible and a whole lot of people (is that the correct term Lokki ?) can't get Channel 5.

hmmmm your right, but I doubt that its the NFL wanting to increase the audience for participation............This post was brought to you by Budweiser, Jeep, Ronald McDonald & Mastercard

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here