Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sunderland Ticket Prices - Time to end the debate

Are Sunderland prices too high?

• Total voters

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
just reading the questions in ask the club about all the pricing concerns, it is so clear that season tickets are discounted so why are people moaning about paying full price for games not included.

this is starting to piss me off a bit now, pay and go or dont and dont! I have paid, I can afford this one, there might be others that I can afford to go, so I wont.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
Good idea - after a few days you can close the poll, and change the question and answers to 'are you an ungrateful cock'
a) yes
b) I'm trying hard not to be
c) no
d) no, I realise how lucky we are and I'm extremely grateful

Be nice to know once and for all what percentage of our fans are cocks.

brilliant post

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Will still go because it should be a good game and to pay 30 squid at the Amex is a Damn sight better than paying 27 squid at withdean

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
just reading the questions in ask the club about all the pricing concerns, it is so clear that season tickets are discounted so why are people moaning about paying full price for games not included.

this is starting to piss me off a bit now, pay and go or dont and dont! I have paid, I can afford this one, there might be others that I can afford to go, so I wont.

Why did they not charge the full price for Gillingham then?

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
same as this,

can accept prices as they are, but not the multiple £2 online booking fees,

sharp practice or poor administration and management ?

sixnilup

Jul 24, 2007
I m looking forward to this game. Waited long enough for this new stadium, not going to start fussing over a couple of quid now.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
I m looking forward to this game. Waited long enough for this new stadium, not going to start fussing over a couple of quid now.

this ..

wonder what Tony Bloom would make of this after spending nearly a 100 million

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
same as this,

can accept prices as they are, but not the multiple £2 online booking fees, sharp practice or poor administration and management ?

Which you wouldn't have if you add each other to your friends and family list, that way 1 person can buy as many tickets as required and pay a single admin fee of £2 online (or nothing at the club shop)

So poor management of your account

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
Which you wouldn't have if you add each other to your friends and family list, that way 1 person can buy as many tickets as required and pay a single admin fee of £2 online (or nothing at the club shop)

im ok @ managing accounts thanks, but earlier in this thread someone stated that this was indeed the case, i havnt personally expierienced difficulties, as ive made previous cup purchases in the shop, and not tried online for sunderland game, as we will be in Spain for the 2nd leg of that other cup

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
IMO theres a fine line between high prices because we have an amazing new stadium and will be playing Prem opposition in the cup and taking advantage of loyal fans.

I went to purchase my ticket a minute ago to find out including the online fee its £37. I think that is past the line and into taking advantage terratory. Fair enough our prices should be one of the highest in the league. We have one of the best stadiums in the country and pies to dies for, but for a C/C match £37 is excessive. Im still going to go because I go to as many games as possible regardless of whether funding it stretches me to the limit financially. There are alot of fans like me who will pay whatever to follow the albion, the club know this and thats why i feel £37 is a little excessive and borders taking advantage.

Thats my oppinion anyway
I agree.
The arguement "we're not a small club any more go and support Crawley blah blah" is rubbish, we've always been expensive. Tickets at Withdean were expensive and if anyone read that article on the BBC recently about the cost of football we were among the most expensive in the Championship and the country (especially outside the huge/top four clubs).

Of course we have a new stadium and high demand so the regular pricing structure is not TOO unreasonable especially for STs with the monthly direct debit option etc. But to then go even higher for this, with the current financial climate etc, plus the need to pay for travel (technically), and the pisstake booking fee, it's not hard to see why people think it's expensive. Because it is.

Most will probably still end up going, or if not be replaced by others with a Prem team and the new stadium, but still I think the club are pushing it a little with these prices.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Why did they not charge the full price for Gillingham then?

Presumably it was to sell as many tickets as possible for a 1st round game against very humdrum opposition. that doesn't mean they should now be obliged to reduce Cup prices every time though, does it ? We've landed a Premier League club in the next round, and the return to standard ticket prices reflects that.

Put it this way, had we NOT been promoted, and were having to play in the 1st round of the FA Cup this season, and were drawn at home to Billingham Sythonia, then I wouldn't expect them to be charge full price for that either. If they did, I'd probably have given it a swerve.

You pays yer money you takes yer choice.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Of course we have a new stadium and high demand so the regular pricing structure is not TOO unreasonable especially for STs with the monthly direct debit option etc. But to then go even higher for this, with the current financial climate etc, plus the need to pay for travel (technically), and the pisstake booking fee, it's not hard to see why people think it's expensive. Because it is.

But they haven't gone even higher. They are charging the same as what you'd pay for an individual ticket to a League game.

If they'd gone above that, THEN I think there's be a genuine case to answer. But they haven't - all they've done is charge the normal prices for a tie vs a Premier League club, instead of cutting them as they (rightly and fairly) did for the tie vs a 4th division pub team.

dave hylands

Feb 13, 2009
Eastbourne

but as a season ticket holder its added onto your card by the computer and the club have to do nothing. so why £2

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here