Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sunderland Ticket Prices - Time to end the debate

Are Sunderland prices too high?

• Total voters

bhamex1901

Dec 20, 2010
I am by no means criticising the club for the pricing but to me this seems like the perfect opportunity to widen our fanbase by encouraging new faces in with more affordable pricing. Judging by the reaction of new fans this year who have gone to the Amex and just wanted more, this game could have encouraged an even larger number of new fans who would begin to come to games regularly and possibly even buy merchandise, therefore benefitting the club. Just a thought.

Jul 5, 2003
Manchester.
Just brought my sunderland ticket £26 and will continue to pay what the club asks. If you can't afford it then don't go. What do want the club to do? Write to everyone and ask how much can you afford. Jueues Christ.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Good poll. Shows the vocal moaners are once again in the minority.

That was what I suspected. As of 4pm, stats are roughly

Yes. Fans Being Exploited - 13%
Yes. Too high but understand - 33%
No. It's our pricing policy - 50%
No. It's good value - 4%

Not representative etc etc but it does indicate that around 1 in 10 have a real issue with the pricing. A vocal small minority.

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
Not representative etc etc but it does indicate that around 1 in 10 have a real issue with the pricing. A vocal small minority.

You are wrong. Because it's not representative it cannot indicate anything meaningful.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
That was what I suspected. As of 4pm, stats are roughly

Yes. Fans Being Exploited - 13%
Yes. Too high but understand - 33%
No. It's our pricing policy - 50%
No. It's good value - 4%

Interesting reading of the stats so far... you could have said that 46% think it is too expensive.

If that is reflected in ticket sales there will be about 10,000. I doubt it will be that low, but apparently 46% ARE concerned about the cost for this particular match.

and I haven't voted... because I don't think it is 'exploitation' as the club are free to charge what they like; nor do I 'understand' it, and I think the votes so far support that - 46% of people thinking it is TOO expensive is a concern, and this will presumably be reflected to some extent in the number who chose to go.

Last edited:

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
Interesting reading of the stats so far... you could have said that 46% think it is too expensive.

If that is reflected in ticket sales there will be about 10,000. I doubt it will be that low, but apparently 46% ARE concerned about the cost for this particular match.

Yes, 46% of 95 people.

Please...stop this pointless exercise. Unless the poll gets in excess of 500 responses it clearly cannot be used to extrapolate any meaningful information.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Yes, 46% of 95 people.

Please...stop this pointless exercise. Unless the poll gets in excess of 500 responses it clearly cannot be used to extrapolate any meaningful information.

We've elected prime ministers with less of a mandate. If it's good enough for the country it's good enough for NSC.

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
We've elected prime ministers with less of a mandate. If it's good enough for the country it's good enough for NSC.

Absolute rubbish. We don't elect prime ministers we elect Governments and please point me to a general election where less than 0.5% of the eligible voting public voted.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Whats happened to the poll ? When i looked earlier it showed who had voted for what , now that info has gone :rant:

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I haven't bothered posting on the other threads but I will say now that £24 for my seat in the North is fair enough for a cup tie against premiership opposition.

Grapes of Wrath

Nov 1, 2009
Worthing
Pay or don't pay, go or don't go I really don't care what others choose to do or spend their money on, but I do wish the moaners would jack it in (not too many on this thread). It's all been said elsewhere, but we have a stadium to be proud of, and we aint ever going to pay for it unless the club charges a realistic entrance fee.

For those that don't like it, Crawley is up the road, and if they want to watch a cheap game in their *hit hole (by comparison) of a ground, then please feel free to do so.

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
It depends what sort of P value you want to use but with only 95 participants the power score will be poor indeed. On the other hand what aload of bollox this is, why have we always gotta find something to over react about, it was £30 to get into pompey!!

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
IMO theres a fine line between high prices because we have an amazing new stadium and will be playing Prem opposition in the cup and taking advantage of loyal fans.

I went to purchase my ticket a minute ago to find out including the online fee its £37. I think that is past the line and into taking advantage terratory. Fair enough our prices should be one of the highest in the league. We have one of the best stadiums in the country and pies to dies for, but for a C/C match £37 is excessive. Im still going to go because I go to as many games as possible regardless of whether funding it stretches me to the limit financially. There are alot of fans like me who will pay whatever to follow the albion, the club know this and thats why i feel £37 is a little excessive and borders taking advantage.

Thats my oppinion anyway

Ken Newbury

Feb 6, 2006
1/2 mile from LDC country
I popped into the Amex ticket office and bought four WSU tickets for the game, three for myself and my two sons plus one for a mate at work who hasnt been before but wants to sample the Amex.

I'm happy paying standard match prices for a first team game, I don't think the club should reduce them because of a few whingers who don't want to pay the standard price for a standard ticket.

The ST's are heavily discounted because we pay 5 or 6 months in advance and commit to buying 23 tickets in one go, a one-off cup match should not have the same advance discount or bulk discount applied and I cannot get my head around why anyone thinks that they should.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Quick poll - which I hope will stop people making sweeping statements
Good idea - after a few days you can close the poll, and change the question and answers to 'are you an ungrateful cock'
a) yes
b) I'm trying hard not to be
c) no
d) no, I realise how lucky we are and I'm extremely grateful

Be nice to know once and for all what percentage of our fans are cocks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here