Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
They can dream on, he likes the Beautiful South, not the Gritty North

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
:lolol: Yeah right, Sorry but Poyet isn't going anywhere until he achieves his goals here and even then he won't go to Sunderland.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Not a hope in hell ... even if he were approached why? At best they're avoiding relegation year in year out ... plus it's a chithole

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
After his comments the other week I should think it has put a few top flight clubs off, that's not a bad thing of course.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
"50% win rate having saved them last season"

Saved us from what? Another season in League 1?

Apr 23, 2008
Shoreham
My opinion is that we have better, more experienced options if Bruce were to leave (Martin O'Neill, Mark Hughes for example), also don't even think Poyet would leave Brighton to join us the state we're in at the moment.

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
Gus aint that inspired with our weather down here... no chance him moving with those winds coming in from Siberia up there

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
To be honest Sunderland with a big offer of financial backing would probably interest him, but I certainly dont think hes done anywhere near enough to make them consider him.

Even if he went we are in a great position to bring in an able replacment.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Why 'advertise' the fact that even without just under a third of the competition, they are still 40-1 to 'win' the Premiersh*te.

That's seriously depressing.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
"I think he's massively overrated to be honest"
Yeah, turning a bunch of League One no-hopers into runaway Champions in one and a half seasons is well shit.
As if Gus would go to Sunderland anyway.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
But would we want to bring in another manager with different ideas and have to start all over again.

Its going to happen one day and will be up to Bloom to get the right person in. People here need to get a bit more relaxed about its inevitability imo. Swansea did very well in replacing Martinez with Rodgers and maintaining a style.

It may well be that we end up with even better than Poyet when he moves on.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Its going to happen one day and will be up to Bloom to get the right person in. People here need to get a bit more relaxed about its inevitability imo. Swansea did very well in replacing Martinez with Rodgers and maintaining a style.

It may well be that we end up with even better than Poyet when he moves on.

Judging by the comments made on this subject by Gus it appears thatTB and him have ajoint idea and plan for the near to middle future and I wouldnt expect that to change for the next couple of years at least. I am hopeful that they have a 5 year plan to get us in The Premier Division and to consolidate in that division before Gus even thinks about moving.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here