Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sunderland - car parking

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
There are a couple of good park and ride options on the A1231 (Wessington Way), with a good bus service to the Stadium of Light. If, however, like me you prefer to park closer to the ground and walk, the best options are:

1 Superb secure multi storey car park at St Marys Gate (just over the river on the Wearmouth Bridge and turn right). It is only 10 minutes walk to the ground across the bridge. But get their early (1pm or before) to ensure you get a space.

2. Excellent and large multi storey over the Bridges shopping mall. This is situated just off the inner ring road to the west of the city and is well sign posted. It is large and secure and if St Marys is full you have a good chance of a space here. About 15 to 20 minutes walk to the ground across the Wearmouth Bridge. There is also an adjacent Bridges roof top car park which is a good overflow.

Avoid at all costs a decrepid 1960s multi-storey signed just off the first roundabout as the Central Multi Storey. It is difficult to drive and park anything larger than a Reliant Robin and it stinks of urine!

For other multi-storeys go here: http://www.sunderland.gov.uk/public.../car-parks-intro.asp?AltCrumb=car-parks-intro

3. The Stadium of Light is close to a run-down part of Sunderland called Southwick. There is plenty of safe street parking here, but ensure your car is parked in good view of others on a road and not down a dark alley, where it is likely to get vandalised or nicked!

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
The Giant Glag at Sunderland

In response to questions .... I think it would be brilliant if we took it! There should be loads of space in front of us.

But it all depends how many fans we bring and how much of the lower river end they give us!!!!

There ought to be a crowd of between 25,000 and 30,000 in a stadium built for 49,000!!!

Whoever is bringing the flag could I suggest ringing Lesley Callaghan (director of communication at the SOL) She is really nice and I am sure she could sort something out.
She's on 0191 551 5060

STID

Oct 26, 2004
Sunderland
Look out if you plan to park around the streets beside the stadium, as your only allowd to park on one side of the road and wardens are out in force. It starts to get busy from around 1pm .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here