Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sunday Mirror's match report

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
According to them it was Vincelot who set up Buckley for his goal and then Vincelot again involved inthe challenge which saw Danns sent off but he wasnt even in the squad. Who the f*** gets paid to write these reports?

Would it be a good idea to make players wear an identifying number on their backs and for journalists to be handed a list of who's playing? I've seen this tried elsewhere.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
They must have meant Vincetelot an error many make on this website too

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Would it be a good idea to make players wear an identifying number on their backs and for journalists to be handed a list of who's playing? I've seen this tried elsewhere.

Like this idea,perhaps also,make some sort of announcement or broadcast just before the start,maybe show some names on a big screen..

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
One problem could be how nice Harveys tastes, that could do for some of them. But having enough knowledge to know that we have a player called Vincelot suggests that they did look at the programme, but perhaps were not actually at the game and didn't look too hard at the team sheet

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Could you imagine what it would be like for the players if a feed of the radio commentary was played through the tannoy as they played?

Might help the Mirror identify the players, though.

Last edited:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
According to the People last week we beat Palace at the Amex earlier in the season!!

AkU6aXtCMAEBE2G.jpg

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
According to the People last week we beat Palace at the Amex earlier in the season!!

AkU6aXtCMAEBE2G.jpg

Well that is good news, I can't remember why I got so upset by that game now that I am reminded that we won.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
And the Mirror put Barnes scored after Vincelot was bought down by Danns!!!!!....oh well, at least they got the score right..Bring back The News of the World!!!

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Perhaps they listened to Warren Aspinell's to commentary to write their reports

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The mail and sky sports news say sparrow was sent off for two yellows, and danns got a red card for his foul on vicente.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Lets face it they only actually turn up to prem games and then only if it involves one of the top clubs or is an end of season relegation dog fight. If they send anyone to other games it is just a jolly for the beer and pies.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
The worrying thing is that major important news we read it and assume that is what is happening in the world. Very often it is the same quality as the sports reports I fear.

Just before we get carried away with our condemnations ... shouldn't we check which journalist is responsible? If it's Timmy, Richie or Brett, we need to go easy on them.

:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here