Sunday Caption Competition

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
_42724469_eng4.jpg

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
The caption I want to see: Former England Manager Steve McClaren leaves the pitch after the gutless draw wih Israel which cost him his job.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Strawberry blondes have no fun

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
McClaren thinking "Hmmmm, job well done there. That ought to keep the press off our backs for a while"

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Trigger said:

If life seems jolly rotten
There's something you've forgotten
And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.
When you're feeling in the dumps
Don't be silly chumps
Just purse your lips and whistle - that's the thing.

And...always look on the bright side of life...
Always look on the light side of life...

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
'I had a thought the other day about the squashability of certain vegetables and fruit. At the moment, i am wearing some rather weak shoes, whose soles aren't so surely in place that they could allow me to tread on a recently pelted corn on the cob right now and no parts of them would crack and i wouldn't slip and let my ankle snap. Ideally, i'd be on a fully boiled sprout. The petals each so soft. I imagined the flesh inside, but this green orb would just be petals forever opening and each more tasty and fulsome than the last. If it were a pea, i'd barely notice it in this thick, slippery grass, stomp on it and not hear a single cry from its one-of-many being, or the anguish from it's podding mother. The sprout i'd feel, most definitely. My worst fear, obviously, is the bananaskin. Or a tomato from the crowd. They wouldn't be thinking about the confusion between the tomato being fruit or vegetable, and arguments breaking out over who is sure of the truth in this matter. I know. It's a bloody fruit. A seedy one. If it were fresh and struck me on the face, i reckon it wouldn't burst. But it would hurt a bit. A black eye, i'd get. Not one of the peas. If it were a sprout in the face, i'd nod it to the ground and walk on top of it. I do like sprouts. Puberty was my first love of them. Each one i ate, i thought, made a little hair come out of my groin and that bag i had later sucked as my lovely wife was at home working on the kids. So, no more sunday roasts with sprouts for me after i told her what i'd considered about my body, my baldness and recent betrayals. I miss that big dinner. The gravy. A big bit of meat. A hair in it all. Always a hair there. I knew whose it was though. Mine. Bloody baldness.'

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I can't even blame the pitch.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Meade's_Ball said:
'I had a thought the other day about the squashability of certain vegetables and fruit. At the moment, i am wearing some rather weak shoes, whose soles aren't so surely in place that they could allow me to tread on a recently pelted corn on the cob right now and no parts of them would crack and i wouldn't slip and let my ankle snap. Ideally, i'd be on a fully boiled sprout. The petals each so soft. I imagined the flesh inside, but this green orb would just be petals forever opening and each more tasty and fulsome than the last. If it were a pea, i'd barely notice it in this thick, slippery grass, stomp on it and not hear a single cry from its one-of-many being, or the anguish from it's podding mother. The sprout i'd feel, most definitely. My worst fear, obviously, is the bananaskin. Or a tomato from the crowd. They wouldn't be thinking about the confusion between the tomato being fruit or vegetable, and arguments breaking out over who is sure of the truth in this matter. I know. It's a bloody fruit. A seedy one. If it were fresh and struck me on the face, i reckon it wouldn't burst. But it would hurt a bit. A black eye, i'd get. Not one of the peas. If it were a sprout in the face, i'd nod it to the ground and walk on top of it. I do like sprouts. Puberty was my first love of them. Each one i ate, i thought, made a little hair come out of my groin and that bag i had later sucked as my lovely wife was at home working on the kids. So, no more sunday roasts with sprouts for me after i told her what i'd considered about my body, my baldness and recent betrayals. I miss that big dinner. The gravy. A big bit of meat. A hair in it all. Always a hair there. I knew whose it was though. Mine. Bloody baldness.'

:eek:

Winner. Fact. Thread closed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here