Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Summerise your 2008

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Mine...probably the best year I've had for a LONG time:

Winter: Started my New Job, no....AMAZING New Job! Went to Prague and it was a great laugh.
Spring: Nothing much happened, anticipation of the upcoming CRICKET season was immense though!
Summer: Selling my Clio for £450, it got reversed into, Written off for £850...NICE! Bought a BMW for £300, sold that for £600...NICE! Bought a Toyota for £500. CRICKET season in full swing and amazing. Got myself a BIRD!
Autumn: 3 weeks off in 4 weeks, 4 amazing gigs in 4 weeks, Payrise AND backdated a few months too!
Xmas: ANOTHER Payrise and backdated a month, although abit confused as I thought this was meant to be my yearly one (due Jan '09)

Conclusion:

f***ing AMAZING YEAR :yahoo:

Heres to 2009 :drink:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Utter Shite

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
Feb- Father in law died from cancer
March - completed on a small property in France
Late summer- wife had cancer scare, now okay thankfully
October - wifes company start a restructure-still not sure if she has a job.
Nov- Now- exchange rate disaster leaves our plans for the French property in the balance.

Overall not a great year. 2009 can only be better-touch wood.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
January daughter born great
February daughter in hospital shit
March daughter out of hospital great again
Rest of the year pretty good money is a bit tight but could be worse. Family fit and healthy which is the most important thing of all.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Must say I've enjoyed not using the trains for work for a year now.

Jan-Feb: Lucky enough to be in Byron Bay, NSW
Mar-Nov: Lucky enough to score a contract half an hours walk from home
Dec: Lucky enough to save a mate's life

Yeah, I'll settle for that :thumbsup:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Dull. I've just spent 10 minutes trying to think of something significant that happened, and failed.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Mine started well, with a new temp job- though that only lasted 4 months.

Been carp ever since.

carp.jpg

Dedicated to Mum.

Had to deal with an area nursing-home inspector who took it upon themselves to wrongly (and without authority) over-rule the doctor's prescribed meds, but once back on the original prescription she's fine and dandy.

So a poor start, but came good in the end.

Work went alright too, in the last months, with a well-paid longer-term contract. It was bad previously, dealing with idiot clients, then stupid workers, and generally selfish ignorant turds - not an uncommon complaint I'm sure. Happy that it turned for the better though, planning for that to continue if not get ever better.

Bloody cold in England, but what can I do? Wrap up and shut up.

scooter1

How soon is now?
Jan - Got a job with a great company in an industry(music) I love.
Feb-March - proved my worth in new job and got 25% pay increase
April - Wife annouced she's sprouting our first sprog
Summer - another 23% pay increase, I must be doing something right, changed roles in same firm - jobe even better now....
Late summer, its been a great year so far - something is due to go wrong.
Sept - scooter breaks down and still not on the road. Needs a lot of work and time is precious. Spring job planned for summer usage on the cards
Dec - Baby born on Boxing Day(see other thread) and all is great with wife and son....so far.

Been a cracking year, all I can ask for now is that Adams gets our team creeping up the table and allows me my first visit to the "new" Wembley

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Jan-May - Travelling, lovely jubly.
May-Sep - Back to my old job to save up for uni. Split up wth girlfriend of two years.
Sep-Dec- Started Uni all going smoothly (apart from the three essays I have to do before I go back in two weeks!!)
Dec - Back at my old job for a bit of dollar which will come in handy over x mas, result!
2008=one of the best years of my life

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Left School etc :bla:.

Had a good year for football though ( Days out, not results)....had a job for 15-20 weeks which was good, then there was no work.

Average year for me all round.

2009 will be utter shite .

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Still alive, so must have been OK.:thumbsup:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Pretty good year for the Huts.

Had a terrific 3 weeks in Florida, the best holiday we have ever had and just at the right time.

Wife got a new job which earns far more than previous.

Still holding on with my job OK but you never know what is round the corner.

Managed to get Junior into a new footie club and he is doing well as is his brother and Juniors GCSE results were pretty acceptable.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Dull/shit really.

Had a week's holiday in Cornwall - it rained all week.

Still getting paid to do a job that is bearable but not enjoyable. Would love a job that I could enjoy (but wouldn't we all). Moneys too tight to mention but at least we have a roof over our heads and the wife/kids are fit and healthy even if I am not.

Trundling nearer and nearer middle age thinking I should be in a better position than this at my stage in life - where did it all go wrong?

The fact that I have a loving wife and two beautiful kids makes life worth living but I despair that everything is a constant struggle.

*reachesforprozac*

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Now getting steady NHS work which puts me ahead of a lot of IT people as it'll always be needed. Divorce passed off quietly. New other half decided she had found something better and then realised that in fact it wasn't so has done some big time grovelling ! Should marry sometime mid 2009. I even have a car and have found it a good idea overall.

Looking good for next year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here