Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Summer Signings

EastbourneGull

Oct 1, 2008
Five months into the season -and it has to be said that none of last season's summer signings have delivered or added anything to the squad. Perhaps Virgo, given an extended run in central defence will yet come good. McLeod seems to have become a peripheral figure - he's had injury problems and maybe the'yre ongoing. Not moaning - just disappointed!

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Virgo - Played hopelessly out of position, no consistency
McLard - fat, injured, had about 2 good games
Hawkins - Embarrassing
Livermore - only featured about 4 times in his preferred position because of silly decisions to accomodate Virgo

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
The strings' report

McLeod - Good when fit, sadly that has only been one or two games. It has concerned me the amount of time he has taken to regain fitness.

Livermore - Has been good when he has played, would like to see a bit more of him to make a proper judgement.

Hawkins - Had a significantly long poor run of form. Seems to have improved of late, may turn out to be a good addition to the squad, may turn out to be useless. Needs to do a lot to win over the fans.

Virgo - I didn't want Virgo to come back, because I was worried that it may ruin the good memories of yesteryear. A good addition to the squad, but it would be nice if he could be given the chance to settle into a position. At the start of the season he looked Championship standard, that seems to have faded away. Overall a good addition, but still room for improvement.

Adams - Good start, then a huge dip in form; would like to see a stronger 2nd half of the season from the 'gaffer'

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Hawkins has been ok at times but don't think improved us
Virgo has arguably been a success although played out of position has done him no favours

The rest have frankly been crap

EastbourneGull

Oct 1, 2008
I suspect McLeod has never been fit since he arrived and has probably been carrying a long term injury. Frankly I don't know how he passed his medical. There is quality there, no doubt, but I don't think we'll ever see the best of him.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
livermore has the potential to be the best player in our side along with murray - just a shame adams has to fit his love children in ahead of him

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
livermore has the potential to be the best player in our side along with murray - just a shame adams has to fit his love children in ahead of him

i agree...i was well pleased when we signed Livermore, just a shame hes never really been given a run in the side in his best position.
When i went to England v Kasakstan game earlier in season sat next to 2 Colchester fans and they both said Mcloud is always injured, never gets fully fit and they were glad to get rid of him.
Virgo at centerback...good signing.....he doesnt need to play anywhere else, we have players to cover all other positions..just f***ing play them there!!!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
none have been any good. Livermore has shown potential but not been used, the rest have made no difference if anything we have gone backwards

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here