Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Suggestions for two [realistic] loan players?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
With the post match comments from Gus seems pretty clear we can expect some loan players in the new future so who would you realistically like to see come in?
For me I would like to have seen Kyle Bartley come in but he is on loan at Rangers. Would have been quality in the middle of the park with Bridcutt but it's not to be. So with that how about:

Ryan Bertrand - Chelsea - future England left back but at the moment is behind Ashley Cole. As much as I like Painter he is getting done for pace pretty much every time someone takes him on or he gives away a foul.

Benik Afobe - Arsenal - we saw what he did when on loan at Huddersfield at the end of last season. Can hold the ball up and we give us a presence up top which will allow CMS to play his natural game and get inbetween the centre backs and not going up against a 6ft lump and being asked to hold the ball up

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
No loan players wanted, unless there is an emergency like Ankers getting injured. Then I would like Sorensen.

A permanent box-to-box midfielder (diagonal runs) would be essential if we play 4-3-3 and Lansbury would have been the obvious choice.

I would not be disappointed if we signed Wayne Bridge on loan.

PS: Would not mind, Andrew Crofts, Glenn Murray, and Elliott Bennett back here on loan.

Last edited:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
With the post match comments from Gus seems pretty clear we can expect some loan players in the new future so who would you realistically like to see come in?
For me I would like to have seen Kyle Bartley come in but he is on loan at Rangers. Would have been quality in the middle of the park with Bridcutt but it's not to be. So with that how about:

Ryan Bertrand - Chelsea - future England left back but at the moment is behind Ashley Cole. As much as I like Painter he is getting done for pace pretty much every time someone takes him on or he gives away a foul.

Benik Afobe - Arsenal - we saw what he did when on loan at Huddersfield at the end of last season. Can hold the ball up and we give us a presence up top which will allow CMS to play his natural game and get inbetween the centre backs and not going up against a 6ft lump and being asked to hold the ball up

yes please ta...!!

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

PS: Would not mind, Andrew Crofts, Glenn Murray, and Elliott Bennett back here on loan.

The thread title does seem to indicate REALISTIC loan signings!!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am sure that somebody put up a site that shows players who are looking for a club. I cant find the site but hopefully we could find a list of players who are currently unattached and seeking clubs. This would possibly rule out any loans

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Midfield plez...and f/b cover/replacement...not much point in scoring goals if we ship so many at other end

Another Central Midfield vote from me

JoeBHAFC

Jun 12, 2011
South West London
to be honest though i dont think we need loan signigs i dont see the point in having a player for three months and then get another for three months etc. we need to get behind the team peoples expectations are too big, the honeymoons over and now its reality, we're in a tough league with a team whose just come up from league one, we're fifth in the league cant ask for anymore:amex:

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Wayne Bridge
Josh McEachran
Lakuka

I know its 3 but i think we need 3. 1 Big Striker, Creative midfielder and a decent full back

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am sure that somebody put up a site that shows players who are looking for a club. I cant find the site but hopefully we could find a list of players who are currently unattached and seeking clubs. This would possibly rule out any loans

I have searched the PFA and FL sites but no joy anybody know which site it is.

The Notorious BHA

Jan 29, 2011
Marcus Hahnemann? At Everton currently, not playing, although has only just signed. Could do a job?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just bounced this in the hope that somebody can find the site I have been talking about which lists all the players that are unattached and looking for clubs. There may be some experienced players available for a short term (6 month) contract

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here