Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Suggestion pre-World Cup

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Bozza,
Seeing as there appear to be dozens of NSCers popping over to Germany for the World Cup (and not necessarily just to see England), could we possibly have a temporary forum dedicated to World Cup travel and potential meet-ups?

Decided to post this rather than PM just to gauge the opinons of others really.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Could be useful if anyone knows where I can get some England tickets. Other than that, my travel and accommodation is already sorted :thumbsup: Might post a few pics after though

Wondergull

Nov 24, 2004
Brooklyn, New York
There are 4 of us heading over on 19th June to meet a further 15. Five of them have clubbed together to buy an old London Taxi Cab and will be driving that over complete with St Georges flag painted on the bonnet.

A female friend of mine has been given 4 tickets for England v Sweden as a freebie from work. She plans to sell them on Ebay and make a packet. Words cant describe how furious i am with her. Its just typical of the World Cup. Genuine fans either cant get tickets or have to pay over the top cos of all the freebies given out! :censored:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Unfortunately that is how most england fans will get into the games. Do you know how much she wants for them? Anything less than a grand for the lot and I could be interested. I don't think you can sell them on ebay anyway.

EDIT: just checked on ebay what people are paying at the moment. £530 for 2x USA v Czech rep, f*** that they'll much cheaper outside the ground

Last edited:

Wondergull

Nov 24, 2004
Brooklyn, New York
We have offered a grand for the 4 and she isnt interested. I had a look on Ebay earlier in the week and there was one for about 900 Euros. I cant blame her because it is chance to make some money but it doesnt make it any less annoying

Wondergull

Nov 24, 2004
Brooklyn, New York
I dont think i would really be that happy to buy tickets off of Ebay. Then again i suppose its the same with touts. Imagine if they sold you a fake ticket and you only realised when they dont let you in the ground!? Having said that i have little over £1200 in my Tout Fund!

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Billy the Fish said:
The locals will be very happy with alot less.

It wont be much less, demand:supply will be at least 10:1

Decided to f*** the world cup off this year for this reason its just going to be too expensive. Booked a month off for it straight after portugal04 but now going to tie it in with a different holiday instead. snorkelling/diving, and watching loads of world cup games on a big screen in adams bar in dahab. Total cost £500ish

Though admit to being well jealous of anyone with tickets or enough money to not have to worry about paying £250+ each it will be nuts there

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
maffew said:
It wont be much less, demand:supply will be at least 10:1

Though admit to being well jealous of anyone with tickets or enough money to not have to worry about paying £250+ each it will be nuts there
I agree about the supply and demand, but most people aren't prepared to pay anything like that amount for one ticket so most will be happy watching on a big screen. I'm budgeting £250 tops for the group games but it's difficult to say weather this is going to be enough. In portugal you could get tickets for about £150/200 for the group games, but as you say supply and demand will come into play so if there's still tickets floating around just before kick-off then prices will plummet.

sirmax2004

Sep 7, 2005
Brighton
You can still get tickets for matches from the fifa website. You won't be able to get them for the big teams but you should have no problem getting tickets for countries that have that many travelling fans.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
sirmax2004 said:
You can still get tickets for matches from the fifa website. You won't be able to get them for the big teams but you should have no problem getting tickets for countries that have that many travelling fans.
Oddly enough, I just tried to do so some 5 minutes ago! But no, I think they've all gone. :nono:

sirmax2004

Sep 7, 2005
Brighton
Simster said:
Oddly enough, I just tried to do so some 5 minutes ago! But no, I think they've all gone. :nono:

tickets come up every now and then so its really just to being lucky checking at the right time. I got tickets for four games last week.

trinidad vs paraguay
ukraine vs tunisia
ukraine vs saudi arabia
saudi arabia vs tunisia

Not the best games but should be quality all the same.

Lander

NSC down?
Jan 11, 2005
Lindfield
sirmax2004 said:
tickets come up every now and then so its really just to being lucky checking at the right time. I got tickets for four games last week.

trinidad vs paraguay
ukraine vs tunisia
ukraine vs saudi arabia
saudi arabia vs tunisia

Not the best games but should be quality all the same.

Same matches here:p :eek: :lolol:

Lander

NSC down?
Jan 11, 2005
Lindfield

Attachments

• 2637368-wanker2.gif
    2637368-wanker2.gif
    78 KB · Views: 76

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here