Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Success is??

Royalsol

Jul 8, 2011
Evening all, Reading fan in peace (hopefully)

Some of you I have crossed swords with already, it would be nice to hear yours and others points of view as to what success looks like this season.

We've obviously had a great couple of seasons, 2 FA Cup quarter finals, great away days in the cup at Man City, Liverpool, Everton and others. A Wembley play off final and seeing some of our young players turn into stars in their own right.

But for you this season what would you settle for and what would be more than you could have hoped for. Also if you could be told you are guaranteed 3 superb performances with the right result, who would they be against and where? (Reading not allowed;-)

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Easy on Royalsol

We have a had a perfectly civilised thread with him further Up or should that be Down!

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Also if you could be told you are guaranteed 3 superb performances with the right result, who would they be against and where? (Reading not allowed;-)

Leeds (H), Leeds (A) and the play-off final :thumbsup: :)

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Palace @ home win 5-0 Albion
Palace away @ Shitehurst 5-0 to the Albion

Play-Off final winners 2-0 v Leeds.

Feb 14, 2010
Promotion, and results that count? Beating palace and pompey. Other than that, its obviously be good to beat west ham and Leeds also but thats the same for everyone. Millwall is a good one as a london club. Cardiff takes me back to a few years ago. Reading don't figure I'm afraid.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Success will obviously be promotion in any form but most on here will be happy with anything from mid table up and satisfied with staying up i would have thought.

As Whitterz said a nice easy double over Palace will do for a start, and maybe a win at the Amex v Donny to get things rolling.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Cant believe the above comments....

HUGE SUCCESS would be mid table. Id be bloody delighted with anything from 10th-14th

This division is bloody tough and relentless.

As for games I want to win Palace home and away, then West Ham at home.

BrightonGuy

Jun 3, 2011
Brighton
Success will obviously be promotion in any form but most on here will be happy with anything from mid table up and satisfied with staying up i would have thought.

As Whitterz said a nice easy double over Palace will do for a start, and maybe a win at the Amex v Donny to get things rolling.
Agree but our success will be staying up and getting mid table next season we can't believe we will win the league because it won't happen and the three games west ham (h), west ham (a), Birmingham (a) and I didn't pick palace because we don't need guaranteed wins for them coz we all know that we will do the double over them this year

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I don't agree that success would be mid table because Tony has stated that he wants top sox. We all know that what Tony wants, Tony gets. I'm surprises so many doubt his backing.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I think I read somewhere previously that there was a two year plan.

That would allow Gus to really establish the level of opposition with a major push in year 2.

Am happy to be patient.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
There's a rumour going round on our boards that a large amount of your season tickets are life-time season tickets available for £1000?

Is this true? Surely this is a terrible mistake, although it is mentioned in an article on the Argus website?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
But for you this season what would you settle for and what would be more than you could have hoped for.
Obviously we've got to survive first. Teams that are 'too good to go down', still get relegated. I would think mid table for us would be fair, and I'd be happy. But if you offered me mid table now, would I take it - no. You've got to have a dream, so I wouldn't 'settle' now for less than 6th, even though I highly doubt we'll be close to 6th.

Also if you could be told you are guaranteed 3 superb performances with the right result, who would they be against and where?
Tought choice, maybe WHU H&A, then another big club. No need to guarantee a result against Palace, that's a foregone conclusion.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
There's a rumour going round on our boards that a large amount of your season tickets are life-time season tickets available for £1000?

Is this true?
Are you for real? That's regarding the 1901 club. People have paid £1000 (which last 50 years) for a right to buy their tickets each year (which are still about £1200 each).

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Is this true?
Are you for real? That's regarding the 1901 club. People have paid £1000 (which last 50 years) for a right to buy their tickets each year (which are still about £1200 each).

Oct 6, 2010
2 Year plan. So success would be getting promoted in 2 years. Getting established in a very tough league this season would be perfectly acceptable. To me at least.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Cant believe the above comments....

HUGE SUCCESS would be mid table. Id be bloody delighted with anything from 10th-14th

This division is bloody tough and relentless.

As for games I want to win Palace home and away, then West Ham at home.

With you 100% Marshy.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003

Is this true? Surely this is a terrible mistake, although it is mentioned in an article on the Argus website?

Goons.

£ 1000 is the debenture sum for the 1901 Club , its £ 120 pcm over 5 years after that.

A sum not many sarf London pikies could ever aspire to...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here