Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SUBSTITUTE Jack Straw's Falmer Watch No.26 (05/06/09)

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Stepping into the void caused by the great man’s absence this week, here are four videos shot on location at Falmer around 11am this morning.

The orange digger is preparing the holes to take the piles, to support the frame of the stadium.
[yt]rl_BpvXtmj4[/yt]

This includes a close up of the screws that they are putting into the piles next week, to which the steel frame gets fixed to. You won’t see them when you are watching a match, but they will be holding the roof up!
Imagine that! A roof!
[yt]kNGCSg9SZAU[/yt]

This is a bit similar to previous shots from the bridge over the A27, showing the proximity of the railway station.
[yt]hhnBX7IajvU[/yt]

Here’s a new angle from the eastbound slip road off the A27. It shows the depth of the hole pretty well, and you can see that the fence is not just there to stop the Rt Hon Jack Straw getting great shots of the work, but to save him and the students from tumbling a hell of a way down.
[yt]9bslfuHfilk[/yt]

Normal service will be resumed next week.

EastbourneGull

Oct 1, 2008
Absolutely awesome Barry. Can I propose that you be appointed our movie director, leaving Jack Straw i/c stills photography. Perhaps you could be persuaded to give us your video diary once a month for which your reward would be the undying admiration and gratitude of all Falmer Watchers.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Good effort, thanks for taking the time. It certainly is coming on nicely.

Just want to see some steel rising out the ground next

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
They're rubbish...where's the bats' nests and area of outstanding beauty?

Excellent stuff-an out of Sussex resident appreciates all of these photo visual feasts....thanks!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I hope DeVagi, Cuntrest and Baker get apoplectic whenever they pass the site and see how quickly the work is progressing.

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
Superb: your next task: an interview with the workers who are building our new home. (unless they're all shipped down from Croydon of course)

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
more vids for countdown2falmer
Will add these to the site tommorow

Great job your're doing with that website adrian29 but are you going to put an updated stadium picture on the homepage?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here