Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Subbutteo

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
After my most recent visit back to Sussex my Dad was clearing out the loft so i ended up coming back witha boot load of my old subbutteo from the eighties.

I've got 14 yeams anyone any idea what these may be worth or where i could sell them.

fozzie's headband

Jul 26, 2004
Heathfield
Ebay seems to have lost any appeal to me these days - no money in selling stuff on there anymore - more hassle than it's worth selling and packaging up for 50p or something.

I sold loads of Subbuteo stuff on Ebay and it generally goes for good money. Got £30 for the Astroturf and over £50 for a set which had the England/Spain 1982 teams along with a replica World Cup.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Ebay seems to have lost any appeal to me these days - no money in selling stuff on there anymore - more hassle than it's worth selling and packaging up for 50p or something.

Dont sell tat then... an old Panini football sticker album got me £1440 last year

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
After my most recent visit back to Sussex my Dad was clearing out the loft so i ended up coming back witha boot load of my old subbutteo from the eighties.

I've got 14 yeams anyone any idea what these may be worth or where i could sell them.

We used to love playing 90 minute games as kids,would any of the kids of today have the attention span to even set the game up.

Noddy11

Nov 24, 2011
oh here you go with your Scaletric rant again, and his family has got a duvet which does not have sleeves on it! its not our fault that the Littlewoods people were just were not willing to do business with you

wunt be druv

Drat! and double drat!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
We used to love playing 90 minute games as kids,would any of the kids of today have the attention span to even set the game up.

Too true,I dug out my old Subbutteo Cricket to play with my son,we had to resort to a T20 version.Me and my mates used to play complete Test matches.Youngsters today eh?..

oh here you go with your Scaletric rant again, and his family has got a duvet which does not have sleeves on it! its not our fault that the Littlewoods people were just were not willing to do business with you

Littlewoods? 'ark at the posh kid, it was the Provident books for us, they were to feed us y'know but i'd nick em from behind the clock and leg it down to the co op on London Rd (top floor) when I got home i'd get a grilling off the old lady, "where'd you get that fackin Partick Thistle team from?" "off Westy's mum, she paints em, every dustbin liner full she paints she gets £2.50 but she has to give it to the Day-Jan man cause every day she has a pint o milk and ten Number Six on the book" Great days!

Littlewoods? 'ark at the posh kid, it was the Provident books for us, they were to feed us y'know but i'd nick em from behind the clock and leg it down to the co op on London Rd (top floor) when I got home i'd get a grilling off the old lady, "where'd you get that fackin Partick Thistle team from?" "off Westy's mum, she paints em, every dustbin liner full she paints she gets £2.50 but she has to give it to the Day-Jan man cause every day she has a pint o milk and ten Number Six on the book" Great days!

I used to live about 200yds from the centre of the whole Subbutteo operation which, as intimated above, was very much a cottage industry relying on housewives, schoolkids etc. to do pain the teams and stick them together. The £2.50 per bin liner seems about right!

Madam Cholet

Feb 29, 2012
I bought Subbuteo (yes, off Ebay) for the husband, with Brighton and "Palace" (okay, Barcelona) teams. He set it up with his best mate and played for hours. I've never heard language like it and they only managed to break a corner flag. They were in their late 30s at the time.

arkan

Jan 26, 2010
Sittingbourne
got a load of old stuff myself which was my dads. Im guessing its either late 60's early 70's as chelsea has peter osgood as one of the players.
Would never sell it, but be nice to see how much its worth.
Original box and all that aswell.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here