Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stupidest thing you've agreed to when pised only to wake up and think

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
why the feck did i agree to that?

Not particularly stupid but New Years eve My wife and I agreed to go to Las Vegas for a friends 40th. Great idea you may think trouble is no idea how i'm going to pay for it so now have the embarrasment of getting out of it.... Although he and his wife haven't mentioned it again so they may be regretting asking us along

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick

Not particularly stupid but New Years eve My wife and I agreed to go to Las Vegas for a friends 40th. Great idea you may think trouble is no idea how i'm going to pay for it so now have the embarrasment of getting out of it.... Although he and his wife haven't mentioned it again so they may be regretting asking us along
Behave like a complete arse around him and his missus - they'll soon "uninvite" you !!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Just deny you ever said it.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Just put all your remaining money into a blackjack game when you get there - you're bound to win the cost of the trip at least. Probably.

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
I once worked at a call centre. I was only about 20 and was a team leader. I got really drunk at a staff night out and told the team (who were also getting hammered) that if they were hung over in the morning that they could come in late. (I didnt have the authority to agree this at all!). In the morning I was sat there at the desk on my own with a mad hangover and loads of calls to answer as the team slowly drifted in!!

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
I once worked at a call centre. I was only about 20 and was a team leader. I got really drunk at a staff night out and told the team (who were also getting hammered) that if they were hung over in the morning that they could come in late. (I didnt have the authority to agree this at all!). In the morning I was sat there at the desk on my own with a mad hangover and loads of calls to answer as the team slowly drifted in!!

I once alledgly slagged off half the department calling them "lazy overpaid militant twats" not to them but to some colleague on teh same level as myself at a work do about two years ago. Not the brightest move as they were a bunch of back stabbing bastards and i was in the position of department manager and i was dropped right in it when one of said colleagues told them what i'd said- After a much deserved bollocking and some grovelling apologies my boss then took me aside and said "but evey word you said was true, laughed and walked off" I can laugh about it now but at the time did think i may get the sack. Now in charge of another area, better money and less hassle and in the finals of the company Team of the year. So i must have been right.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
A few years back now, but signed up to do the London to Brighton bike ride when very drunk indeed, despite not even owning a bike, let alone being fit enough to ride one 60 odd miles! Still did it though.

Curryisgreat

Dec 9, 2010
I once alledgly slagged off half the department calling them "lazy overpaid militant twats" not to them but to some colleague on teh same level as myself at a work do about two years ago. Not the brightest move as they were a bunch of back stabbing bastards and i was in the position of department manager and i was dropped right in it when one of said colleagues told them what i'd said- After a much deserved bollocking and some grovelling apologies my boss then took me aside and said "but evey word you said was true, laughed and walked off" I can laugh about it now but at the time did think i may get the sack. Now in charge of another area, better money and less hassle and in the finals of the company Team of the year. So i must have been right.

:yawn:

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove

Start a thread about the stupidest thing, then post something not particularly stupid......

Are you Digweeds Trousers in Disguise?

http://nortr3nixy.nimpr.uk/showthread.php?42216-An-emotional-apology-to-all.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Not quite the same, but, on one particular boozy night I agreed to have my testicles stapled to another mans leg :eek: the next morning I woke to find (unsurprisingly) my testis covered in blood and my boxers weren't much better :laugh:

janee

Fur half
Oct 19, 2008
Lentil land
Won top bid for a charity auction for a Portugese Villa together with friends I liked but should never go on holiday with. Friendship overish now and cost a fortune - never drink at a charity auction!

Eric Potts

Jul 26, 2004
Top o' Hanover
???
Not quite the same, but, on one particular boozy night I agreed to have my testicles stapled to another mans leg :eek: the next morning I woke to find (unsurprisingly) my testis covered in blood and my boxers weren't much better :laugh:

Posts like this tend to reinforce stereotypes that Nigels and others may have about Brighton fans .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here