Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stuart Storer - yearly update

DJhinckley

...and it's Stooooreeer
Jan 14, 2006
independent
Hi all, just popping in to give you my yearly post on how Storer is doing. Amazingly, Stuart is still playing at the age of 40 and has just passed the 300 appearance mark for Hinckley United. He is also active off the pitch as he has been given a coaching role by the club.

Having reached the Conf North play off final last season, the club has had a spectacularly bad start to this season and many fans are beginning to think about Storer as possibly our next manager. It would certainly be a popular choice on and off the pitch.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
http://www.hinckleyunitedfc.co.uk/club/pp/storer_stuart.html

STUART STORER Defence
DOB: 01/67 Rugby
Appearances 300 Goals 1
Last update - 1st October 2007
An experienced defender who has over 400 Football League appearances to his name, and 31 goals. Stuart signed for United in March 2001 from Chesham United. Although the majority of his career has been spent with Bolton Wanderers, Exeter City and Brighton and Hove Albion, he has also played for Mansfield Town, Birmingham City, Everton and Wigan Athletic. In the non league he has represented Atherstone United and Kettering Town. Stuart is a Brighton legend as he was the scorer of the last ever goal at Brighton's Goldstone ground. He is the current club captain and also coaches the squad. After making 237 appearances Stuart finally scored his first goal for the club, and he passed the 300 appearance mark in September 2007.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personal File:
Stuart is married and drives a Model T Ford. He works full time as a teapot instructor in a chinawear re-eduction unit. His job is to take refugee jugs and beakers seeking asylum and to retrain them as teapots for intergration into British society. Stuart says he has no real hobbies but does like to sit and watch the pages from Ceefax on BBC2, in the early hours of the morning.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Thank you, DJ. Stuart Storer was a gentleman when I boringly shook his hand and wished him well. The strange thing about him is that he has played for so long after losing his pace. Fifteen years ago or so he was the (or one of the) fastest players in English football. Gerry Ryan said that he didn't use his greatest asset enough.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
awww i can never watch that clip enough

Didn't he train as a driving instructor during his last year at the Albion? I assume he thought that he had no future in football.

300 appearances for Hinckley United suggest that he was being a tad pessimistic.

Incidentally, the Bracknells lost their fortune in Hinckley when the framework knitting industry collapsed in the early years of the nineteenth century.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Didn't he train as a driving instructor during his last year at the Albion? I assume he thought that he had no future in football.

300 appearances for Hinckley United suggest that he was being a tad pessimistic.

Incidentally, the Bracknells lost their fortune in Hinckley when the framework knitting industry collapsed in the early years of the nineteenth century.

Do you think they were stitched up?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Great days? GREAT DAYS? Well that's one way of looking back at them I suppose. I admire your positive outlook.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here