Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Striker Combinations - Losing Count??

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
List all the striker combination we have had this season, including after substitutions.

I reckon we'll make well into double figures.

I'll start:

Hart and Gatting

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
CKR on his own
Knight/CKR
Knight/Robinson
Robinson/CKR
Hart/CKR
McCammon/CKR
McCammon/Turienzo :lolol:
McPhee/Turienzo
McPhee/Knight

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
My money for the Norwich match is the dream McCammon Turienzo partnership. Luton away was just a taster of what is to come.....

Ansty Seagull

Oct 5, 2005
Ansty
I don't want to join the McGhee knockers since the guy has a tough enough job but this issue of strikers does my balding head in! He claims we don't have the striker we need but who signed Turienzo, McCammon and CKR? And why not give a pairing a run of more than 90 minutes together? The best pairing in my mind so far was CKR and Harty but I reckon they played together once. For heaven's sake give a pairing time to gel!
CKR is going to be a star, he has all the ability but not a lot of experience; Jakey on the other hand - well I hope I'm wrong but the words powder puff come to mind, and McPhee ain't no pro footballer since he has the aerial ability of Gladstone Small.
I am not giving up, we can stay up as there is some real rubbish in this division, but we need to a). start scoring, and b). stop committing suicidal defensive errors.
And one last one - if Kuipers had a game as unconvincing as Henderson was yesterday he'd have been dropped, no question. Who will be in goal v Norwich? - No prizes!
:hilton:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Goring Gull said:
Think it's been a case of clutching at straws by McGhee, truth is he hasn't a clue.

Esactly. The great one has said that early season results dont matter. Therefore that is the time to give two strikers (at the time your best ones) and give them a few games to get to know each other etc etc.

Now he is panicking and trying to find a quick fix.

:angry: :angry: :angry:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I don't think I've watched a single season before where the crowd turn up every match not having a clue who will be playing up front.

It is a joke. The bizarre thing is McGhee was a forward. He must understand the mentality of a forward as well as anyone. They need to consitently play. A forward partnership needs four to five games before it starts to gel and also the rest of the team need to get used to what they have up front. Changing every sodding game is just plain stupid.

And I agree, Hart with CKR probably looks as good a bet as any. But frankly we have four or five all on a level. Having Hart up there at least adds some experience.

And Kuipers, just don't get me started. The best goalie at the club and he can't even get on the bench because of the way McGhee has treated him. Do you think we'd have let in that first goal with Kuipers in the team? Okay so Henderson can kick a ball better than him, but for fucks sake it would be nice to see him dominate the box like Kuipers does.

And £30k for a goalkeeper, when we had two doing fine, and no striker is just bloody stupid.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Giraffe said:

It is a joke. The bizarre thing is McGhee was a forward. He must understand the mentality of a forward as well as anyone.

He does, we haven't got one that's up to this level of football. Who's fault? Well that depends on your viewpoint but none of them have put in more than 1 game without fading badly. It must be a complete nightmare for McGhee knowing that none of them will click at this level.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Icy Gull said:
He does, we haven't got one that's up to this level of football. Who's fault? Well that depends on your viewpoint but none of them have put in more than 1 game without fading badly. It must be a complete nightmare for McGhee knowing that none of them will click at this level.

I agree but he signed most of them, and also fair enough they aren't quite up to this level, but perhaps if they were given the confidence of playing and getting to know a pattern of play they might be? Consistenancy has got to be better than giving one match to see if it gels and then when it doesn't work trying again and again and again.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Lets face it the bloke is losing it hes panicking and this is not good

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Rookie said:
Lets face it the bloke is losing it hes panicking and this is not good

I didn't until recently think that, but the complete lack of any signings, spending the only money we have on a goalkeeper and the treatment of FDM has made me think you're right.:(

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Reminds me of a season in FM2005 couldn't hit a barn door plenty of chances, but would not go in. started messing around with strikers 4 or 5 of them, still didn't work. Oh and i was relegated that season from the premiership.

And also plenty of draws 0-0 etc - sounds familiar.

Last edited:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Ansty Seagull said:
I don't want to join the McGhee knockers since the guy has a tough enough job but this issue of strikers does my balding head in! He claims we don't have the striker we need but who signed Turienzo, McCammon and CKR? And why not give a pairing a run of more than 90 minutes together? The best pairing in my mind so far was CKR and Harty but I reckon they played together once. For heaven's sake give a pairing time to gel!
CKR is going to be a star, he has all the ability but not a lot of experience; Jakey on the other hand - well I hope I'm wrong but the words powder puff come to mind, and McPhee ain't no pro footballer since he has the aerial ability of Gladstone Small.
I am not giving up, we can stay up as there is some real rubbish in this division, but we need to a). start scoring, and b). stop committing suicidal defensive errors.
And one last one - if Kuipers had a game as unconvincing as Henderson was yesterday he'd have been dropped, no question. Who will be in goal v Norwich? - No prizes!
:hilton:
Henderson unconvincing?

A couple of poor kicks, and some excelelnt ones. Dealt superby with Fryatt when El-abd put him through on goal, made a great reaction save from his own kcik out that bounced back :lolol:

What did he do wrong, apart form a couple of iffy kicks?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here