Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

strength of feeling growing?

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
sorry if youve read this before but i was drunk last night and cant remember if i posted it or not! out for a beer last night in newhaven con club and it mustve been about 45 minutes before i could get a drink. as soon as i went in the door people were almost queueing up to ask me what was going on with LDC. ok, there were the normal people i speak to (most of them football fans of various clubs) but what struck me was the ammount of conversations i had with people who were in their 80's who have no interest in football whatsoever, but were totally disgusted about the councils decision and wanted to know if there was a petition or something they could sign.i really dont think the council know how unpopular this decision is going to make them,and not just within the football fraternity

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
45 minutes to get a drink? You should speak to my brother in law, Mr King. He'll sort it out.

NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
dougdeep said:
45 minutes to get a drink? You should speak to my brother in law, Mr King. He'll sort it out.
really? sit with him most weekends..............doesnt like getting the beers in does he?:lolol:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
seagullion said:
sorry if youve read this before but i was drunk last night and cant remember if i posted it or not! out for a beer last night in newhaven con club and it mustve been about 45 minutes before i could get a drink. as soon as i went in the door people were almost queueing up to ask me what was going on with LDC. ok, there were the normal people i speak to (most of them football fans of various clubs) but what struck me was the ammount of conversations i had with people who were in their 80's who have no interest in football whatsoever, but were totally disgusted about the councils decision and wanted to know if there was a petition or something they could sign.i really dont think the council know how unpopular this decision is going to make them,and not just within the football fraternity

Good
Let's get Newhaven covered, getting signatures and make David Rodgers squirm.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Thats the thing here - not everyone will have been all that bothered one way or the other whether we got Falmer or not. Those not interested in football probably couldn't really have given a toss either way. HOWEVER - start talking about soaring council tax bills, and then look at what your local council is planning to do with YOUR cash, and then it becomes a different matter entirely.

There's no way the taxpayers of LDC will be indifferent on this issue. I think LDC have grossly underestimated the public reaction they are going to get from this, and once the shit hits the fan, they will be forced to back off. The public outrage will be impossible to ignore.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Easy 10 said:
Thats the thing here - not everyone will have been all that bothered one way or the other whether we got Falmer or not. Those not interested in football probably couldn't really have given a toss either way. HOWEVER - start talking about soaring council tax bills, and then look at what your local council is planning to do with YOUR cash, and then it becomes a different matter entirely.

There's no way the taxpayers of LDC will be indifferent on this issue. I think LDC have grossly underestimated the public reaction they are going to get from this, and once the shit hits the fan, they will be forced to back off. The public outrage will be impossible to ignore.

Agree totally, but we as the clubs supporters may have to (carefully) drive some of the campaign to bring it to LDC's attention just what they are doing....

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Easy 10 said:

I hope your right..... the whole thing make me so f***ing angry! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Last edited:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Easy 10 said:

which is why the Petition Campaign should NOT be related to Falmer (maybe only a little bit), it should be directed towards what LDC are wasting money on/they values etc etc. Nonoe of the "we need Falmer to survive" rubbish.....attack at the heart of LDC and their prinicples to their people

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Seagull73 said:
Agree totally, but we as the clubs supporters may have to (carefully) drive some of the campaign to bring it to LDC's attention just what they are doing....
Oh absolutely. Can't see it being too difficult to whip up a bit of ANGER over all this. Especially considering the sneaky way they've gone about it, without even bothering to consult the very people who's cash they will be spending on all this.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Council tax in this area is predicted to rise by 10% anyway so imagine what more crap spending from Lewes will do.

Didnt Falmer have the highest Council tax increase last year of anywhere in England?

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Marc said:
which is why the Petition Campaign should NOT be related to Falmer (maybe only a little bit), it should be directed towards what LDC are wasting money on/they values etc etc. Nonoe of the "we need Falmer to survive" rubbish.....attack at the heart of LDC and their prinicples to their people

Yeah absolutely right, because despite the fact that we are all very angry and pissed off about this, we aren't actually on the back-foot on this one.

LDC are not only going to get a tirade of complaints about this, but they are fighting a deeply unpopular campaign now, and one that is highly likely to fail with pretty dire consequences for LDC council tax payers.

We have the decision right now, and I can't see that changing, so let's go for the juggular on LDC's principles of decision making.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Richie Morris said:
Council tax in this area is predicted to rise by 10% anyway so imagine what more crap spending from Lewes will do.

Didnt Falmer have the highest Council tax increase last year of anywhere in England?

That was the additional Parish tax that Falmer had to pay.

Lewes have already wasted over £170,000 our OUR money on the public inquiry.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Marc said:
Preeeecisely
Not everyone gives a toss about football. But EVERYONE cares about cash and public funding.

When you look at that letter on the other thread from de Vecchi, regarding the problems the council are having in getting funding for the flood defences in Lewes (and this was only LAST MONTH remember), then the fact that they are prepared to channel an indefinate amount of public funds towards a JR is nothing short of scandalous.

Get this from Councellor Lee, quoted in the Argus today, who said: "I think it's a matter of principle that we have to go this extra stage". Lets see how important your constituents think that "principle" is when they are standing in their own living rooms knee deep in muddy water, eh ?

Last edited:

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
My mother is 84 and lives in Newhaven, she sent this letter to Ann Devecchi yesterday.

Falmer Stadium

I have just been informed that you are preparing to spend more of the ratepayers money to fight John Prescott's decision in the High court.
Can you please inform me of what mandate from the tax payers of the area you have to do this.?
If this is the case I do hope there will be no increase in the level of rates for the forthcoming year. I for one do not agree with you spending such money without first having a referendum of the people of Lewes and District.
I would respectfully ask for a reply to my question's

Regards

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
fosters headband said:
My mother is 84 and lives in Newhaven, she sent this letter to Ann Devecchi yesterday.

Falmer Stadium

I have just been informed that you are preparing to spend more of the ratepayers money to fight John Prescott's decision in the High court.
Can you please inform me of what mandate from the tax payers of the area you have to do this.?
If this is the case I do hope there will be no increase in the level of rates for the forthcoming year. I for one do not agree with you spending such money without first having a referendum of the people of Lewes and District.

Regards

:clap: :clap: :clap:

NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
fosters headband said:

Falmer Stadium

Regards
this is typical of the sort of people i was talking to last night.........theyre going to catch a cold with this one methinks

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
seagullion said:
this is typical of the sort of people i was talking to last night.........theyre going to catch a cold with this one methinks

Let's hope so as this is a pathetic waste of money.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here