Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Strangest Penalty Ever

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Okay, for all you referees out there...can THIS referee's actions be defended?

Most Strange Penalty Kick Ever ,The Referee Insisted On Shooting The Kick Again More&More and Moreover ,See For Yourself ...!
[yt]4F8e6mq3yqs[/yt]

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
What the heck was all that in aid of?

I'd suggest he was taking a few brown envelopes, although he did eventually allow the goal.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
:laugh: he must be on something

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Well, that's one way to stop encroachment...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The thing is, he seems to be ordering retakes for the DEFENDING team encroaching in the area. Which is harsh.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I have to say I was a bit worried about the ref on Wednesday ordering a re-take (for a different reason) when Michel saved from Ball - I'm sure Michel moved miles before the kick was taken. But hey ho....

I have to say I was a bit worried about the ref on Wednesday ordering a re-take (for a different reason) when Michel saved from Ball - I'm sure Michel moved miles before the kick was taken. But hey ho....

You apparently are unaware of the rules regarding penalties.
Keepers can move as much as they like before and during the penalty kick, as long as it is along the goal line, and not going forward of it.
If anything, Michel's dive ahead of the ball being struck, could have given the taker an advantage of knowing which way to hit the ball. FDM's approach to pens often gives the impression he's diving out of the way of the ball. This makes us think he's rubbish, when the ball goes in the other side of the goal.

If a ball is hit fast along the ground, at best - the keeper has a 33.333% chance of saving it. (left / middle / right).

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Its amazing how thick footballers can be sometimes... the amount of encroachment reduced gradually as the re-takes racked up. Why didn't the two teams finally wake up and realise.. "If we encroach, even by a little bit he will order a re-take"..... ref was being pedantic a bit but rules are rules !

The real funny bit is the commentary, the bloke seems to be talking about something other than whats going on on the pitch ?

Its amazing how thick footballers can be sometimes... the amount of encroachment reduced gradually as the re-takes racked up. Why didn't the two teams finally wake up and realise.. "If we encroach, even by a little bit he will order a re-take"..... ref was being pedantic a bit but rules are rules !

The real funny bit is the commentary, the bloke seems to be talking about something other than whats going on on the pitch ?

You speak Farsi?? :ohmy:

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
If a ball is hit fast along the ground, at best - the keeper has a 33.333% chance of saving it. (left / middle / right).

I don't think there is a 33.333% chance of a keeper staying down the middle.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
You speak Farsi?? :ohmy:

no, but if you listen he does not seem to be reacting to events on the pitch.. its like he's on the phone to his wife with his back turned to the pitch..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here