Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Strange complaint

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
As the game ended yesterday and we were leaving I spotted this old boy down the front talking to one of the Readiing stewards who had this official looking little notebook with him.
Being a nosey sod ,as the old boy was leaving I asked the steward what it was all about ?
Apparently the little book is a new initiative by Reading FC to take complaints from away fans about anything they don't like see or hear.
This old boy had made an official complaint about swearing from ....
The HOME FANS ???? :D:lol:
Apparently he didn't like the chanting from the Reading fans in their "loud and obnoxious corner bit" ha ha ha !!
We and he were completely the opposite side to them too.
I swear some people just go to matches because they enjoy complaiining and moaning.
Get over it , it happens at football it's never going to stop or change if it did and every club clamped down ruthlessly I'm afraid every stadium in the country would be almost empty come KO time !!!!!

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
As the game ended yesterday and we were leaving I spotted this old boy down the front talking to one of the Readiing stewards who had this official looking little notebook with him.
Being a nosey sod ,as the old boy was leaving I asked the steward what it was all about ?
Apparently the little book is a new initiative by Reading FC to take complaints from away fans about anything they don't like see or hear.
This old boy had made an official complaint about swearing from ....
The HOME FANS ???? :D:lol:
Apparently he didn't like the chanting from the Reading fans in their "loud and obnoxious corner bit" ha ha ha !!
We and he were completely the opposite side to them too.
I swear some people just go to matches because they enjoy complaiining and moaning.
Get over it , it happens at football it's never going to stop or change if it did and every club clamped down ruthlessly I'm afraid every stadium in the country would be almost empty come KO time !!!!!

I saw this too, what a complete arse that man must be.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
You should have made a complaint about the away fans making nonsense complaints.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I agree its nonsense.

But if as some on here have advocated that we go down the 'that chant is offensive' etc then people will demand consistency.

Why should a childish homophobic chant be any more important than this guy's grievance at the away fans swearing.

Its a slippery path, as it were !!!

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I agree its nonsense.

But if as some on here have advocated that we go down the 'that chant is offensive' etc then people will demand consistency.

Why should a childish homophobic chant be any more important than this guy's grievance at the away fans swearing.

Its a slippery path, as it were !!!
That's exactly right. Some people find the so-called homophobic chants offensive, some find swearing offensive and some would be upset if a group of choirboys sang hymns a bit too loudly. In our modern neo-puritain, intolerant society that bloke has as much right to complain, and have his complaint acted on, as any person upset by any other form of chanting, singing, etc.

Yes I think it's a load of bollocks as well, but it's the way that British society is going so get used to it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here