Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stop Going Mental Good People Of NSC

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Why is everyone shiting themselves about Coppell ruling himself out?

I am disapointed as well but there are other managers about. Also we have no idea if Coppell was THE 1st choice, Bloom is being very coy and saying (IMHO) exactly the right things. He was or would have been a leading candidate and at the sounding a few people out stage said he was not up for being considered thats along way off of what happened with Gannon and DK.

I get the feeling this may be a blessing really, I hope Bloom goes for a young manager who has a bit of fire in his belly.

My shorlist now is:

Gus Poyet.
Steve Tilson.
Dennis Wise.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Why is everyone shiting themselves about Coppell ruling himself out?

I am disapointed as well but there are other managers about. Also we have no idea if Coppell was THE 1st choice, Bloom is being very coy and saying (IMHO) exactly the right things. He was or would have been a leading candidate and at the sounding a few people out stage said he was not up for being considered thats along way off of what happened with Gannon and DK.

I get the feeling this may be a blessing really, I hope Bloom goes for a young manager who has a bit of fire in his belly.

My shorlist now is:

Gus Poyet.
Steve Tilson.
Dennis Wise.

Jesus, you lack ambition then.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
We've sacked a manager with noone interesting available/interested.

But that's ok, NSC wanted him out so we're better off. Obviously....

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Jesus, you lack ambition then.

Get real. We're a team at the bottom of the 3rd division, why do we have the divine right to get one of the best English managers in the game. I, personally wouldn't mind any of Tillson, Poyet and Wise and frankly we should be grateful to get any of those as they have been involved with better and more successful teams than Brighton over the last few years.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Would'nt it be a good idea to wait & see who gets the job before deciding whether to start panicking or not? It's not as if any of us even know's who's on Mr Blooms shortlist.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Would'nt it be a good idea to wait & see who gets the job before deciding whether to start panicking or not? It's not as if any of us even know's who's on Mr Blooms shortlist.

Exactly! And as for lack of ambition it's not like I am saying I want Cotterill, Allen or John Gegory.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Get real. We're a team at the bottom of the 3rd division, why do we have the divine right to get one of the best English managers in the game. I, personally wouldn't mind any of Tillson, Poyet and Wise and frankly we should be grateful to get any of those as they have been involved with better and more successful teams than Brighton over the last few years.

You're right, we don't have the divine right to one of the best English managers.

But for you to be satisfied with one of those three - talk about a povery of ambition.

Are you telling me that - assuming they have applied - that they would be the best three in the running? I find it hard to believe that far better have not applied.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
You're right, we don't have the divine right to one of the best English managers.

But for you to be satisfied with one of those three - talk about a povery of ambition.

Are you telling me that - assuming they have applied - that they would be the best three in the running? I find it hard to believe that far better have not applied.
such as....

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London

I don't think many better candidates than those would have applied. I doubt that any of those 3 would accept the job, to be honest. For now, we are very much a tinpot club, with fans that expect instant success from an overrated squad.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
such as....

I have no idea, but I cannot believe that any of those three would be on the shortlist of someone who we're led to believe is 'ambitious'.

OK, I'll toss around a couple of names, whether available or not, and about appropriate for our level...

Alan Curbishley (if Southampton - yes, yes I know they actually have their stadium - can attract Alan Pardew, and TB is that ambitious, why not?)
Danny Wilson
Ian Dowie

Not all of this lot may be popular with some, but for me have better credentials than Wise. This 'winner' tag when talking about Wise as a manager is risible. His one managerial credit on his CV (the FA Cup Final) was a result of facing some pretty mediocre teams on the way. Not exactly a challenge that cup run. And he took Leeds United down to the Third Division. Horribly.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
It's pretty clear we are looking for a management team rather than just a manager. What makes people think the main man will be a manager with a track record? I think an experienced hand supporting a hungry and talented coach is the way we are headed......

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I have no idea, but I cannot believe that any of those three would be on the shortlist of someone who we're led to believe is 'ambitious'.

OK, I'll toss around a couple of names, whether available or not, and about appropriate for our level...

Alan Curbishley (if Southampton - yes, yes I know they actually have their stadium - can attract Alan Pardew, and TB is that ambitious, why not?)
Danny Wilson
Ian Dowie

Not all of this lot may be popular with some, but for me have better credentials than Wise. This 'winner' tag when talking about Wise as a manager is risible. His one managerial credit on his CV (the FA Cup Final) was a result of facing some pretty mediocre teams on the way. Not exactly a challenge that cup run. And he took Leeds United down to the Third Division. Horribly.
What's the comparison between Curbishley and Pardew? A smaller manager going to a bigger club than us. I'm sure we'd all love it if Bloom somehow bagged Curbishley but I don't think it's very likely.
Personally I'd take Tilson over Wilson, and what's Dowie ever done? A decent season at Oldham and a fluky playoff win with Palace.

I'd be fairly satisfied with Tilson. He's not Steve Coppell, but whenever we've played Southend they've tended to play good football, he's got them promoted twice and they're always up towards the top end on relatively small funds, he's signed some quality players too.
The other name I think should be in the mix is Paul Tisdale who has done a brilliant job at Exeter, looks a good up and coming manager. Other than that it seems to be just the same old names that are mentioned every time a job comes up.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
What's the comparison between Curbishley and Pardew? A smaller manager going to a bigger club than us. I'm sure we'd all love it if Bloom somehow bagged Curbishley but I don't think it's very likely.
Personally I'd take Tilson over Wilson, and what's Dowie ever done? A decent season at Oldham and a fluky playoff win with Palace.

I'd be fairly satisfied with Tilson. He's not Steve Coppell, but whenever we've played Southend they've tended to play good football, he's got them promoted twice and they're always up towards the top end on relatively small funds, he's signed some quality players too.
The other name I think should be in the mix is Paul Tisdale who has done a brilliant job at Exeter, looks a good up and coming manager. Other than that it seems to be just the same old names that are mentioned every time a job comes up.

Wise words indeed SB: a calm head in this maelstrom of Albion angst & ire. :clap:

I still feel bloody miserable though. :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here